1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reliable NGC Disc Streamer

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by L-Burna, Sep 3, 2004.

1. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I am wondering if anybody has used this program or heard of it.I am trying it out,and when I got the program it said it had no packet loss while using this program.The downside of using this program is it takes 4 hours to make a .iso or .gcm of a game.I was wondering if this was true or not.I am patient and can wait 4 hours for a game that plays flawless if it is true.When I used the Disc Streamer in Phoenix it only took 1 hour or less than that,but I am gonna keep searching for the best Disc streamer to make a backup with.I am wondering what does everyone use to make a flawless backup of a GameCube game.

2. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

RELIABLE NGC DISC SERVER:

Description: This program was created for all you experiencing packet loss when ripping games on your gamecube. This will take longer to stream a game, but has guarranteed results. It will take about 4 hours to stream, but no packet loss can occur as it writes each packet individually to the file. PSOloadv2 and riptool.dol are provided.

The tools that I also looked at for Streaming games and other functions are:

GameCube ISO Ripping Server 1.0.0.29

Description: The GameCube ISO Ripping Server is the Server-Side for recently leaked riptool.dol. It saves riptools streamed data to a GameCube ISO Image

ThinAir v0.0.1.6

Description: This program is a gamecube streamer and ripper for linux. PSOLoad2.0 is included. This is only an experimental version, use it at your own risk.

GameCube ISO Tool 1.0.41

Description: This windows program rips your GameCube originals clean.

ThinAir v0.1.7b

Description: This program is a gamecube streamer and ripper for Mac OSX. PSOLoad2.0 is included.

Abciq ripper 0.1.1.3

Description: This Linux program rips your GameCube originals clean. ripper.dol included.

GCMTools 0.3.2(src)

Description: The GCMTools are a suite of tools for autiting and editing GameCube DVD images (.iso and .gcm). This will allow you to modify content in games, browse the game structure, and even aide in the development of homebrew games and programs. GCMTools should compile in linux, bsd, OSX, Darwin, and others for x86 and PPC (and possibly other architectures). The new 0.3.0 package has been fully tested on OSX 10.3 and Linux on an x86 and a PPC. Please report any bugs if you run across any.The GCMTools are a suite of tools for autiting and editing GameCube DVD images (.iso and .gcm). This will allow you to modify content in games, browse the game structure, and even aide in the development of homebrew games and programs.

GNGEO

Description: GNGEO is a NEOGEO emulator for the gamecube. It run perfectly with <5MB roms and can handle with some slowdown up to 36MB roms, perhaps more. Features: 14Mb Aram swap enabled. 48 Mb nbd swap enabled. Windows and Linux support software. Public Domain NeoGeo rom from Charles Doty.

The main thing is there are tools that aren't mentioned.I am sure there are some people that are looking for certain tools for the GameCube or the best streamer like me.Anyways check them out and see what you think not all of them are new.

Peace L-Burna

3. couchpot

couchpot Regular member

Is it possible that the RELIABLE NGC DISC SERVER, can solve the problems i'm having with freezing?

4. grmbl

grmbl Regular member

dito question, for example Paper Mario 2?

5. Orleanian

Orleanian Member

Would that software work for PS2 or XBox games?

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey wats up yeah it can solve some problem games.The main factor though is how slow it is.It takes about 4 hours or so to stream a game image.Since it is streaming without packetloss.I think it could help Paper Mario 2 as in loading problems.It could help in getting it to load and play,but the problem could still be with the servers like always.The servers run very slow and don't allow 100mbps so the issue of games not being able to run at full speed is always gonna be an issue until this is solved or either modchip of some sort giving access to the drive speed would allow better performance.The software mentioned is only for GameCube,since the drive inside the GameCube is different than PS2 and Xbox drives it doesn't function the same way.You would have to look into the drives of the systems.In order to even make streaming images possible.If the drive of Reliable NGC server was altered to coupe with other drives in other game systems it could be possible,but at the moment it is only for GC use.

7. philipman

philipman Regular member

Could someone tell me were to get those programs and don't say google because I have been searching there forever.

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

9. philipman

philipman Regular member

Thanks I Download graverd's GC-load and GC-tool is this what i need to backup my GC games.

10. ProStyl3

ProStyl3 Member

I am glad you all are interested in this scene but do not expect games to run better. I have used RELIABLE NGC DISC SERVER until the release of pheonix 2.2 for it runs faster and is quite reliable.

I know you guys are wishing as many of us are that the scene could be revived but this can not happen until graveyrd can get his hand on some good coders or if aftermath has silently working on acl.

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It seems to run better than phoenix for me ProStyl3 maybe Phoenix isn't doing a good job on updates as of yet.I am getting better success rate from Reliable NGC streamer than the phoenix iso ripping program.It seems to transfer slower,making better return rate than speeding it up.The program has its down flaws which means very slow,but games streamed from it are actually playing than phoenix ripping the isos.The display information is actually shown when streamed from Reliable NGC streamer,and phoenix doesn't have that support.I think phoenix is better to stream the games,but as for ripping .gcm or .iso files from games.It is not the best out,and it seems as if phoenix hasn't upgraded the actual ripping server on there at all.It still functions as the older versions.

12. philipman

philipman Regular member

what is the sucess rate of ripping and playing gamecube games do most games work or what % of games work because i dont want to buy the network thing for nothing.