1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

relinking

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by arude, Mar 16, 2007.

1. arude

arude Member

I'm using start smart. The path to my original mpeg has changed, so when clicking the shortcut for the edited nero project file of course it can't locate the original source. It seems this might be a fairly common problem, yet I could find nothing in the on-cd help file and nero tech support has been non-responsive, thank you very much. Is there a simple way to relink these files or have my hours of editing and authoring work been totally wasted? Tx -A

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I would think you need to re-import it so Nero will know where it is. Or move it back to the original location.

3. arude

arude Member

Thanks Saltgrass, returning all those gigs to their original locations is certainly possible, but way more work than I was hoping for (...long story). I tried simply re-importing the files into the project, but rather than applying the edits Nero sees them as new clips. With both Ulead Video Studio and Video ReDo (a wonderfully fast & intuitive program for basic mpeg2 editing, BTW) you get a pop up warning that it can't find the source; asks you to navigate to the file in question and a couple clicks later you're back in business. No-Can-Do with mighty Nero? Anybody?