1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"remix" os for desktops

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by rtrg, Jun 11, 2018.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Please move as needed. I am posting here because REMIX is a win 10 clone, I beleive. I tride to download and install as an experiment. The install package downloaded and installed but during the subsequent process the dialog asked me to uninstall an app called "INFEREON TMP PACKAGE" which I do not recognize nor can I find it in the programs list. I also do not know if this is for 32 bit or 64 bit. If this is a stand alone OS for desktops or in conjunction withan ANDROID device/app. I am looking to find a windows clone that runs windows apps and .exe files and looks like windows, ie vista, xp, 7. Any advice welcome. The JIDE.com emails do not seem to work.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

from what ive read it isnt a windows clone but,rather a variant of the android os designed for desktops.according to wikipedia it has also been discontinued.there are some linux distros out there that look like windows.i played around with zoron for a while but ended up back with windows.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

ReactOS any good to you.You may find others if you web search however i think this one is all there is unless you want to use wine.I assume you want it for a desktop.
    https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=reactos

Best option is run win 7 & install xp mode or whatever it's called (it's a 32bit virtual pc version of xp.It works fine on 64bit win 7)