1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removal of overdubbed audio HELP!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mudville1, Jan 4, 2011.

1. mudville1

mudville1 Member

Hi,

I have an .avi file of the wonderful movie "Masters Of Menace," however, the entire audio is dubbed over in French (you can subtley hear the English being spoken behind it.) Is there a way to remove this atrocity and restore the original audio?

Thank you in advance!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Unless each audio is on a separate channel there's no practical way of doing it.

3. mudville1

mudville1 Member

Is there a way to test it to see if the French audio is on a separate channel?

4. attar

attar Senior member

If you can load/drag the video into VirtualDub, click on 'Audio' > 'Full processing' > 'Conversion'.
    Select either the right or left channel, 'OK' and click the output playback button.
    See if they are different.
    Another way would be to demux the audio from the video and test it in an audio editor.

[​IMG]

5. mudville1

mudville1 Member

Cool, thanks! I have to leave the country for a month or two, but when I return, I will look into the VirtualDub and/or the demux. I'll go ahead and bookmark this thread so I can pull it up for easy access upon my return. You are all awesome here! I am impressed at how willing everyone is to help.

Thanks again, my friends,

Troy