1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing a scene from a DVD

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by sdswaney, Mar 27, 2007.

1. sdswaney

sdswaney Regular member

I done a search, but really couldn't find the info that I really needed (I don't think). I recorded a race from my TV to a DVD-R. I would like to rip that DVD to my PC and then edit out some bad scenes, etc. and then burn it to a blank DVD that will play in my standalone dvd player. I would like to manually remove some video, (something kinda like Autacity for music)
    I have rip4me, Decrypter, Shrink on my PC, but none of these seem to let you manually remove video. This will be more than a one time only, I have several DVD's that I would like to edit. Does anyone have any knowledge and/or suggestions on what software would do these things?

2. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

Rip the DVD to your hard drive with DVD Shrink as 1 vob file (in Preferences, Output files, uncheck split to 1 GB chunks). Then open that .VOB file in VideoRedo Plus and edit out the scenes you don't want then save it. Reauthor that saved file (NeroVision Express or whatever authoring software you like) to a new DVD.

http://www.videoredo.com/

3. sdswaney

sdswaney Regular member

Thank you very much moonrocks for the fast response and the information. I'll give that a try. thanks again