1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing annoying DVD-R Backup message from DVDXcopy

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by ookami, Sep 4, 2003.

1. ookami

ookami Member

Is there an easy way to remove the backup message that DVDXcopy puts in? I know it writes the files to a temp directory before writing, but I normally use DVD Decrypter rip but can't specify a directory to rip.

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

3. ookami

ookami Member

They don't like you asking that question over there. =(

4. herbsman

Exactly !!

Why use their shitty software then , when there are much better ways of doing things ; )

5. ookami

ookami Member

Er... I'd say thank you... but you only wasted my time.

The new version's compression is superior in my opinion to both DVD2One and DVDShrink... and it's MUCH faster.

6. herbsman

Yeah right !

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im not sure i follow how your time was wasted. An opinion was given, whether it was in accordance with your own or not :D

8. ookami

ookami Member

My time was wasted in that the person did not address the question, but merely side-stepped it.

Since the question wasn't addressed, and I did not ask for any opinions on which software was best... my time was wasted.

9. CapMonkey

CapMonkey Member

10. herbsman

For all the effort it takes to do that , wouldn't it be worth using different software that does the job just as good anyway...

[​IMG]

11. DvdKeeper

DvdKeeper Member

Here is a modified version of a post from MackemX posted 2003 May 19 04:58 on DVDHelp.Com ...this method only requires DVDXCOPY XPRESS AND IFOEDIT . I modified it for NEWBIES. I broke it down into 6 steps, but it is actually only a 2 step process.

REMOVE 321 WARNING TUTORIAL using DVDXCOPY XPRESS AND IFOEDIT

Here is a link to a tutorial with screenshots
    http://members.fortunecity.com/dvdxcopywarning/

Removing the warning is simple

1. You start DVDXCOPY EXPRESS like normal...insert the disc to copy...when it prompts you to insert the blank disc...DON'T put it in just yet...don't close it because you will be coming back in about a minute. Go to the DVDxCopy folder that stores you file on your hard drive...something like D:\DVDXCOPY\DVDXPRESS\. You will see the VIDEO_TS folder...you will need to know where this is in order to open the VIDEO_TS.IFO file in IfoEdit. This will leave your Temp folder intact and accessible

2. Open the VIDEO_TS.IFO using IfoEdit and DOUBLE click VMGM_MAT(BE SURE TO DOUBLE CLICK) in the top window and highlight First Play PGC

3. Slide the bar in the bottom window towards the bottom and you will see the PGC Command Table near the bottom

4. Look for the Pre command and right click it and then choose Edit Command

5. In the Command: option select (Jump_TT)Jump to Title
    and in the Title Nr: just select 1

6. Click Save and overwrite the BUP

In less than 1 minute you can bypass that annoying 321 Warning Screen.

NOTE: You can test to see if this worked properly by opening up your DVD player software and loading the VIDEO_TS.IFO file from your hard drive. You can see exactly where the file jumps to.

Once saved...Close IfoEdit and go back to DVDXPress and insert the blank disc and click on the start key.

It is simple because you don't have to delete or move anything around...you just change one command.

I would recommend that you leave the FBI warning in place and just remove the 321 Warning. I think that one warning is enough. You can play with the settings and use it to avoid seeing some of those annoying previews at the beginning of some DVDs.

If you prefer to burn copies with another program...you can CTRL,ALT,DELETE when DVDXCOPY PROMPTS YOU TO INSERT THE BLANK DISC...that keeps the VIDEO_TS temp folder from being deleted...just burn it with NERO or another program.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2003