1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing audio on VCD mpeg files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by satchi, Sep 30, 2004.

1. satchi

satchi Member

Hello, I have several VCD .dat files that I renamed to .mpeg, but they have multi-channel audio (multi languages). I was wondering how one might be able to delete a particular audio-channel off of that video files?

I read that some software enables one to do so, but they don't say which is recommended or good? Any suggestions, thanks.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

First of all, AVSEQ01.DAT is not a 'True MPEG' but a 'ripped riff file'. I usually convert it with VCDEasy --> Tools --> Cdxa2mpeg. AVSEQ01.DAT becomes a true MPEG file (MPEG-1 if it's from a VCD, MPEG-2 if it's from a SVCD, but it's name would have been [strangely] AVSEQ01.MPG, not AVSEQ01.DAT).

Now do you need to do something else with it?

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  3. satchi

satchi Member

Hi, ultimately what i want to do is to remove all but one audio-channel on the .mpeg(vcd files) that I have. The video files that I have are ripped from a VCD and has two channels of audio, one for English, and another for Japanese. (I use windows media player to watch these movies, so I change the audio through VIEW->SETTINGS->MPEG Audio Decoder).

Does VCDEasy do this type of audio stripping? or is it not as simple as that?

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I never fount a thing like this. Why don't you try do do with TMPGenc-->MPG Tools-->DeMultiplex to extract the Video and the 2 Audio channels and, then, MPG Tools-->Simple Multiplex to join Video AND 1 Audio channel?
    But you will need a 'true MPEG', not a 'ripped riff file' whose name will be probably AVSEQ01.DAT!

5. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I never found a thing like this. Why don't you try to do with TMPGenc-->MPG Tools-->DeMultiplex to extract the Video and the 2 Audio channels and, then, MPG Tools-->Simple Multiplex to join Video AND 1 Audio channel?
    But you will need a 'true MPEG', not a 'ripped riff file' whose name will be probably AVSEQ01.DAT!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2004
  6. satchi

satchi Member

Ahh, I guess there's no simple solution to my task. Ok, I think I'll try what you suggest. Thanks again.