1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Duplicate frames in Video

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Archades, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Archades

Archades Member

hey
    just wondering are there any programs that could delete duplicate frames in a video (recorded off webcam ;) ),

currently im extracting the images, deleted dupes with a Duplicate Image Finder, and then leaving as a pile of jpegs or encoding to another video file at 1fps

just wondering if i could just do it to the original video file

captures 320x240 from screen with camtasia, at 1fps

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

You can edit out parts using Virtualdub. Make sure "Direct Stream Copy" is selected in the video menu. It might not be frame accurate depending on how many key frames your Camtasia file has.

3. Archades

Archades Member

yeah but hte average avi has 2000 duplicates im editing out
    automation is what i need-

4. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Since you put it that way, a lot of free time is what you need(just kidding). You can still use Virtualdub. Make sure "Direct Stream Copy" is selected on the video mode first. Then go to video>frame rate and select "Decimate by". If your video is 30fps then decimate by 29. If it's 25fps than decimate 24. The only problem with this method is that you don't get to specify which frame is used, but you did ask for automation.

5. Archades

Archades Member

its already running at 1fps
    what i need to do is kill the duplicate frames ;)

6. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Christ, you're just not going to make this easy are you! I'm only messin' with you, dude. If I understand you correctly, you want to save a single frame as an image for every second of your movie, right? -crosses fingers- If so, I use a program called Thumbnailer that can do that very thing. Get the trial version here: http://www.smalleranimals.com/thumb.htm#download

7. Archades

Archades Member

i can already do that with virtual dub, save image sequence. thats what i do now

i want virtual dub or soemething to do it in the movie itself and piss off the dupes without me having to extract and mess around

8. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Let's say your movie is 30 minutes long and it runs at 30fps. By doing what you suggest the movie will play in its entirety in one minute. Is that what you want? And by the way, Thumbnailer can extract a frame per every second automaticaly without any dupes at all.

9. Archades

Archades Member

lol no
    ok
    i record the webcams off the net, and they come in around 1 frame a second, but sometimes they stay on one frame so i capture at 1 frame a second, so when it does get stuck for a second or 2 it captures duplicates,
    so i extract the pics with virtual dub, scan and delete the dupes with duplicate image finder, and then im left with teh pics which i can re encode into a movie at 1fps:p

but i wanna get a program that deletes those dupes in the movie itself and not bother extracting, its like a slideshow of captures, not a proper full speed movie

theres no 30fps to 1fps, its all 1fps

10. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

I think you are going to be stuck with your manual method for quite some time because I know of no such program that meets your criteria, nor do I think one even exists. I'd love for you to prove me wrong though. And with that, I bid you the very best of luck.

Cheers

11. Archades

Archades Member

lol ok thanks anyway

unless u know of any other duplicate killers that might work faster or whatever:>

12. zerocolio

zerocolio Newbie

Please delete this thread. I was searching for a solution to a similar problem, and found this. The complete inability of the person answering, to understand what the OP wants to do, despite it being clearly described in the first post, plus further explained again and again, is so annoying, that it makes me want to throw my computer away.