1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Extras

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bolitar, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Bolitar

Bolitar Guest

I have read in this forum the suggestion that if a DVD is a big one, and you dont want to overcompress it, that you can remove the extras and just back up the movie only.

Can you do this with DVD Shrink or do you need another program?

If Shrink can do it, I would appreciate some advice on what I need to do. If it can`t, what other software do I need?

2. malum

malum Regular member

3. Bolitar

Bolitar Guest

Sorry to put you out malum, but I have actually read a few guides (including the one you suggested)and found them very helpful. Unfortunately, I am still unable to figure out how I can remove extras completely.

The guide you suggest advises how to gain more space for the movie by increasing the compression of the extras (not removing them);

"The only way to increase the percentage is leaving off unwanted features of the movie. The most space-consuming features are the audio tracks and the extras. Since we are backing up the whole movie, we won't be leaving out extras. The only remaining option is to strip audio and subtitle tracks."

DVD Shrink does not seem to offer the option of removing the extras completely and I cannot find a guide that tells me how I can do this or what program is required. If someone can point me in the right direction I`d be grateful.

4. malum

malum Regular member

Open your movie in Shrink
    click the reauthor button
    drag the title you want from Shrink into the new window that has popped up, close old window. Remove unwanted sound etc and process.
    The end result will be just the movie, no menu no extras no anything but the movie.

5. Bolitar

Bolitar Guest

Thanks Malum.
    I`ll give it a go.