1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing HDCP

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by core2kid, Oct 15, 2008.

1. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

How would I play an HD DVD on a Nvidia 6800 connected to a Dell Ultrasharp 17" via DVI? I am using PowerDVD 8 and AnyDVD and I am getting the error:
    Playback stopped because your graphics driver is incompatible. Please make sure your graphics driver meets the minimum requirements. You can find additional information on the CyberLink FAQ website (Error code = 0012).

Please run the BD Advisor tool for more information.

2. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

I think that error message is pretty straight forward... Time for a new graphics card. :)

3. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

I actually got it to work. I used Nero Showtime 4 with AnyDVD HD.

4. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Ahh, right... I saw that you are using AnyDVD, so I assumed that was the HD version but you weren't.

It's good to see that you got it to work.

5. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Well, no. I was using the HD version before but apparently there is a flaw in Nero Showtime 4 that plays back an HD DVD without checking the computer specs. That's the only reason I could play it back on my 6800.

6. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

So... As I said before time for a new graphics card. ??? If Showtime allows it to play that's great but I'm not a huge fan of that media player.

If you do decide to upgrade your GPU, then I would recommend checking out ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre. It's the best Blu-ray/HD-DVD Media Player I have come across.

7. yinkey98

yinkey98 Guest

So... As I said before time for a new graphics card. ??? If Showtime allows it to play that's great but I'm not a huge fan of that media player.

is anybody use SPAM ?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2009