1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing Previews when movie not first vob

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by AnXan, Mar 21, 2003.

1. AnXan

AnXan Member

In the case of Sixth Sense I want to back it up with the extras (cut scenes, commentary, etc) but I want to get rid of the previews which take up about 1.5GB. This wouldn't be a problem if the movie vobs where 01 but they are 05 and the disc is set up to play a preview before going to the movie and everytime I remove the preview vobs (04) it won't play right cause it keeps looking for the files. How can I remove the previews and still keep the disc aligned correctly so that it plays correctly? The only other guide out there that covers this is for when ripping the fullscreen version of the movie out, however, that example has the fullscreen move being 02 vobs.

2. mrmont

mrmont Guest

hi mate i found if you purchase DVDxcopy it will actually ask you if you want to remove the scenes, you can select start with just the movie or start with extras. just select start with movie it will stil take up about 2 dvdrs but it will automaticaly split them for you really is a good peice of kit worth getting hope it helps you mate..

3. mnmeater

mnmeater Member

dvdxcopy does make things easier, like said above. I use a combination, dvdxcopy, vobrator, ifoedit, and nero. I, like you, want to choose which parts of the disc I want to keep on my copy. We could help you more if you told us what you were using to copy the disc, programs and such.

4. mrmont

mrmont Guest

AnXan i found the best software to use combined with dvdxcopy is nero 5590 with the plug'ins im yet to have a bad copy, to be honest if your doing acopy of a dvd why take the extras out it still going to take up 2 dvdrs so for the sake of an hour or so longer you might aswell get everything. (my opinion)

5. AnXan

AnXan Member

I have some images of the movies on my HD because I lent out the originals to some friends. I can't use DVDxCopy cause that requires the disc in the drive to copy from. I mainly use DVD2One and IFO Edit cause DVD2One is fast and I haven't had any problems with it in the past when the movie was the 01 vob file but the new version that does the whole movie has issues when it can't find the missing files.