1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REMOVING VOCALS FROM MP3 TRACKS

Discussion in 'Audio' started by MARKUS23, Apr 4, 2005.

1. MARKUS23

MARKUS23 Member

Does anyone know how to remove lyrics/vocals from MP3 tracks to make the track instrumental.if so how and what program would I use.
    Help would be much appreciated.
    Thanx.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

we are glad to help here but next time please do a search, as this is a very frequent question. The simple answer is no, not without severly reducing sound quality. Here's one of many threads covering this topic:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/172381

3. punx777

punx777 Regular member

hey scoop. i understand you arent a fan of president bush. lol

are you a kerry, gore, democrat fan? or do ya just hate bush.

i think ive came to a conclusion, democrats are always mac-fans.

i know a handful of democrats, and they all love mac. coincidence I THINK NOT -teacher from incredibles. :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

LOL well I am offically a registered democrat, but if you ask me the whole democrat/republican thing is total bullshit. People should beleive in what they want, not have to pick a side and be forced to follow beliefs based on their political party. Me for example, beleive in certain aspects of democratic beleifs, and certain of republican. I honestly didn't like Kerry very much, but the bottom line is ANYBODY would have been better than bush. So yeah, I'm just a plain-ol' Bush hater!

About democrats and macs, thats pretty funny, I honestly had never really seen a conection, but then again I had never looked. Probably true though.

About the Incredibles, funny you mention that, I just watched it last night! I was pretty impressed. I'm SO glad that Pixar has given Disney the middle finger and are out on their own now...freedom at last. I don't remember that quote though...

5. punx777

punx777 Regular member

it was the teacher when dash was sent to the office.

http://www.anti-apple.wyw.ca/ this anti-mac site is up again

[​IMG]

hope that shows up, i havnt had much luck latley.

hey i went out and further proved my mac-hatingness by buying a zen micro :) i love it! if your ever thinkin about gettin a hdd mp3 player that one kicks some serious ass

6. djscoop

djscoop Active member

oh yeah I remember that part now. Whats the specs on the zen micro?

7. punx777

punx777 Regular member

hey are you still up man? its 1:22 in nebraska(nebraska sucks)

i woke up because my stereo was clicking, i fixed it and i cant go to bed.

first of all, the zen micro, i wouldnt consider it unless you have a best buy, or some place where you could return it. because i have read consumer reviews and about 25% of the people hate it's touch pad. I, for one, love it, but everyones different. the trick is just giving it time.

anyway, its tiny as hell, 2" x 3.3" x 0.7". i about shit when i picked it up, because before i had a rca lyra, and it was at least 5 times the size of the micro. (note: never even consider the lyra, shitiest battery life ever, among other things)

but the things i love about it are the built in clock, fm tuner/recorder, built in microphone(good for voice notes, but not really for like recording people talking and such) a calander, and an alarm

i have mine hooked up to some speakers, and i use it instead of an alarm clock.

anyway, i think it is absolutly awsome, like i said, you might hate the controls so be in a position where you can return it if you hate it.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Creative_Zen_Micro_5GB_black/4505-6490_7-31151919.html
    theres cnet's review, and theres a video at the bottom so you can see how small it really is.

nite scoop, talk to ya tomorrow

[​IMG]

8. djscoop

djscoop Active member

hey that does look pretty sweet. a 98 decibel s-n ratio is pretty damn good quality. I've heard good things about the iRiver as well, but I honestly have never looked into it. My brother just got the creative Muvo...holy crap, that this is incredible. Its smaller than a zippo lighter, and like your creative, weighs preactically nothing. built in mic, line in record, alarm, fm radio, the works. the 512MB one was under $100 I think. Seems like creative has got these players down.

Well I'm here in Cali on the west coast, so I'm usually up later than most of the fellow afterdawners here. (What time does Nebraska fall under...I know, don't laugh...geography was not my strong subject.) Usually I'm up till 1 or 2, but on days I have to teach like today I try to sleep by 12 so I don't look hungover the next morning. well off to teach audio, talk to you later.

9. punx777

punx777 Regular member

i dont really know what the sound noise ratio means (embarrased) lol, hey, while weer on the subject of this, i know your a huge audio guru, when i plug my mp3 player into a stereo head(i plug it into the phono jack(its a really old stereo)) and its kinda distorted at loud volumes. what could help this?

thanks alot man

10. djscoop

djscoop Active member

the signal to noise ratio basically measures the amplitude of an audio signal verses the amplitude of noise distortion. The higher the dB rating the better.

When you plug your player into your stereo, how loud do you have the volume set on the player? My first guess would be its too high and overloading the line inputs of there stereo causing it to distort.

11. punx777

punx777 Regular member

yeah, when i have the volume on my player up its distorted, but when i turn its volume down and the stereo's up it is fine, thats the one thing i wish the micro had, was a line out jack, it prevents that. my last mp3 player had it.

what the hell is up with the advertisments? i think every post i look at has several, i hope im not the problem :|

12. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah the ads are a new thing here. drD is testing them for a few months to see how they work out. I don't think they're that big of a deal, but they don't need to be every third post or whatever.