1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ReMPEG2 - anyone use this?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by z0diac, Jan 13, 2003.

1. z0diac

z0diac Regular member

Anyone know how to use ReMpeg2? I ripped my VOB files, edited the sample.cffl file and put the full path to my VOBs there, loaded up Rempeg2, loaded up the .cffl file, changed it to 80% scale factor, clicked Encode. Next it asks me for a file name to save as - what do I put here? It's encoding 6 VTS_*.vob files. I entered VTS_01_1.VOB, woke up this morning and see that I have one file, named VTS_01_1.VOB that is 2.09gb in length. I played it using PowerDVD - no sound, and the movie doesn't go to the end. What am I doing wrong and where do I go from here???

2. tplbi

tplbi Member

rempeg2 is a program to change the bit rate on the video. save the file as *.m2v as this will make a video stream of your movie. You will also need a audio stream and perhaps subtitles. use smartripper on your vob files to do a direct stream copy of the audio which will end up in AC3 format. vobedit can take the subs out of the vob's. finally, use ifoedit or spruceup to author it using these 3 parts (.m2v, .ac3 and subs)

3. jcurrier

jcurrier Member

4. mikeh4692

mikeh4692 Member

when you press encode it asks you what to save the new encoded movie file( **.m2v)and which directory /folder you want it to be saved in.

lets say your trying to reencode
    "Oceans Eleven"
    click encode ,save as will pop up

Put Oceans_Eleven.m2v and select a folder or directory

now go to bed

5. mikeh4692

mikeh4692 Member

6. z0diac

z0diac Regular member

Now when I rip it using DVD Decrypter, do I leave it on Direct Stream Copy or select Demux? Direct Stream Copy will give me .VOBs, with sound, but I'm willing to bet if I follow the guide at http://www.hkruse.dircon.co.uk/ (which is a good guide - thanks) that the encoded files will not have sound. I'll give it a try before I go to sleep tonight and see what it comes up with in the morning. Thanks.

7. mikeh4692

mikeh4692 Member

you will end up with an m2v file which is a video only file (no sound ), but you remux it back to the original vobs with ifoedit , its all in the cretins guide