1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ReMPEG2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sexyass, Oct 11, 2002.

1. sexyass

sexyass Member

am trying to take Blade 2 vobs (5.1g) on the hard drive down to a smaller size as to fit on a 4.7 disc. no matter what size i set the bitrate it says the Estimated Time Left is about 200hrs.
    am new to this program. can someone help me please?

2. harvey713

harvey713 Member

OK, let's go. What OS and hardware are you using? I've used ReMPEG2 successfully many times. The way I use it is this: Use SmartRipper to rip just the movie and one audio track (English, 6 channel), and create the AC3 and m2v files. Then use ReMPEG2 to risize the m2v file to 4 gigs. You don't need a bitrate calculator to do this. The math goes like this: You want a 4 gig m2v. So you divide 4 by the size of your m2v. In your case lets assume a size of 5.1. 4/5.1=.784 or 78%. Set the bitrate there and your off to the races. I then import the ac3 and m2v into SpruceUp and create a title set. I then use Nero to burn. There's actually two ways to do it. You can burn the title set strait from Nero or you can use Nero to create an image and then burn. Creating an image and then burning, for some strange reason, seems to give a little better quality.