1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repair a Unmodded XBOX HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by trx250r, May 26, 2009.

1. trx250r

trx250r Member

I have 2 Xboxes one has a mod chip Xecuter 3 with a 320G Dive that works great. I have a XBOX Version 1 that the HDD crashed in. I have a 40G HDD that I was going to put in it place. I tried to use my modded xbox with slayers auto install on the 40G and it work good till I put in the unmodded Xbox I get an error 5 or error 6 depending if it is locked or unlocked. I don’t want to put a chip in it. Is this a junk xbox if I don’t put a chip in it? Or how do I fix it?

2. TBandit

TBandit Regular member

I think I had the same problem and I was trying to do the same thing. I think I ended up just hotwapping somehow or doing the splinter cell game save. Is the 40GB locked or unlocked?

3. trx250r

trx250r Member

Tried the 40G unlocked and locked tried it both ways HOTSWAPPED

4. varnull

varnull Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
  5. trx250r

trx250r Member

had a solderless chip but didn't get good connection. I thought about that. But I had to end up soldering mine in because the solderless would loss connection after it worked for a while.

any other ideals

6. varnull

varnull Guest

no .. without your original drive working so you can softmod and get an eeprom backup you have the only possible answers. you have to get the eeprom off the motherboard.. so either follow the advice given or buy a working xbox. There is no other way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009