1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

repairing a image ffile

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by majik, May 30, 2004.

1. majik

majik Guest

i am very new to all of this so please bare with me.
    i downloaded a ccd image in zip form. when i tried to unzip it i get a message saying (bad ccr) or something like that. then it says something about some numbers not matching during extraction. so my question is: can the image file be repaired so that i can burn it to cdr? if so how?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

That error is called a "Bad CRC" and that either means the CRC for the zip is messed up or the CRC for your hdd is messed up (which is really bad) ... have you tried the repair functionality? :)

3. majik

majik Guest

i don`t know how to repair. what i did was tried unzipping it again and when it said bad crc i went to the folder and put what had unzipped into another folder then continued to unzip. when finished i retrieved the file from the other folder and put it back in the original folder then proceeded to burn with alcohol. it did burn but nothing showed up on the cd when i tried to play it. i have unpacked a couple of other iso files and they worked perfectly.
    what else should i do? by the way these ccd,iso files are music files only.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2004
  4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

In both WInZip and WinRAR there are options to (attempt to) repair broken/corrupte archives. Make sure you make a backup beforehand just in case the repair feature messes up your archive even more

5. majik

majik Guest

thanks i`ll give it a try