1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace an old chip with a newer chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Kinny1, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Kinny1

Kinny1 Member

I got my xbox chipped over a year ago with not many problems from it since. I run it with media player 2.4 and evox dashboard. However I have noticed it has started to stop playing certain copied games. (FIFA 2004, GTA 3, etc)I know it is nothing to do with the discs as they play ok on my mates xbox's with executer 2 chip. I am unsure which type of chip I have as it was so long ago but could be something like the Messsiah or Matrix.

Anyway, what I want to know is, can this chip be taken out and replaced with a newer chip ie an executer 2 chip??

Also I wish to put in a new HD roughly 120Gb. Which king is best and does speed matter?

thanks

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

If your chip is reflashable you don't need to replace it, just upgrade the bios to either the EvoxM7 or X2 4977. Both patch the newer games.
    I almost always use Maxtor harddrives. Alittle cheaper then Western Digital and more quiter. Speed isn't a big factor. Just find the largest size harddrive you can afford and worry about the speed second.
    Better to have more room and wait an extra seconds than run out of space and have to start deleting things.

RustyDog