1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Replace Battery in Android TV Box M8

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by Kactusuk, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Kactusuk

Kactusuk Newbie

Hello there,
    I have just joined this site after benefiting from many of the android tutorials I found here.I have one question which I can't find having been asked yet.

I have a fully working Android M8 TV box - but it keeps losing it's time and reverting back to default 01/01/1970 every time i power it on. Does it have an internal battery (like a PC) and is it easy to replace please?

Very much appreciate any info / help,

thanks.

2. john o

john o Newbie

Hi,
    l have just opened my box and unfortunately there is no battery. lf you find an answer for this please let me know.
    thank you... john o

3. paulie57

paulie57 Regular member

Came across this one before , nothing to do with battery's, it's called the 1970 bug , but it nothing serious only causes a problem when you go to playstore to download and you will get a message saying need to update date and time, try this

Go to settings on main app page , then go to others , and more settings , then scroll down to date and time and reset with right date also check your time zone is right , some times it can be a kodi problem if so in kodi go to programes, andriod apps , scroll to settings and reset date and time , good luck .......

4. piopat

piopat Active member

as paulie correctly says its a bug not a battery issue . follow paulies instructions they should work . that said it may in time happen again and the same thing should fix it again .