1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replace Evox with Avalaunch

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by locobrown, Jun 11, 2007.

1. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I softmodded a 1.6 version box using SID 4.5, running the latest version of Evox that’s included with the sid installer. I want to replace Evox and make Avalaunch the default dash. I have always accessed other dashes under apps. Evox was installed in E:\.

I believe I got it down but I just want to make sure. The evoxdash.xbe is located in E:\ that’s where the xbox boots the dash from. If I rename the avalaunch.xbe file to evoxdash.xbe, the box will think its still loading evox but in fact it’ll be avalaunch. That goes for the .ini file to be renamed the same as the original evox.ini as well. Is this correct? I read that the IGR wont function with avalaunch, I say that I should still work since I softmodded and have never flashed the bios with a chip and I never intend to unless something catastrophic does happen to my box and need to install a chip. Besides, its software modification so the bios doesn't need to be flashed.

Or can I also use AID 3.0 to replace evox? It should contain the lastest version of Avalaunch since it hasn’t been updated for about 3 years, I also have Avalaunch 0.49.1 (build 62) in a .rar file. The rar file doesn’t contain a .ini file but a .xml, shouldn’t it have an .ini file as well?

Your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2007
  2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Never mind. I answered my own question. The lack of sleep can make you not think clearly.