1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replaced my evox default.xbe file need help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by slynxx, Jul 13, 2007.

1. slynxx

slynxx Member

Ok so I took a suppestion to replace my default.xbe file and now I cant get to ms or evox dashboards, I cant connect through ftp, but I can play discs. When I startup the box I get the normal microsoft screen followed by a blank screen where a dashboard should be, unless theres a game in the drive. I have tried making a few boot discs but no luck.(maybe I'm doing it wrong} I have a regular xbox version 1.00.5838.01 with evox version 3935 Is there anyway that I can simply restore my original file? I did back it up before I made the switch. Please someone lend me some advice I'm desperate

2. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

You could try hotswap, but i'm pretty sure you wouldnt want to do that.

Do you remember your last xbox ip address?

Once it gets to the black screen, you can try to ftp to your xbox.

You can also try booting up one of the three softmod games and do the softmod exploit.

3. slynxx

slynxx Member

I only have a laptop so a hot swap is out. I've been trying to ftp with no success. And I will try the splinter cell as soon as I can get a hold of a copy. Should the boot disc work? Do I need the exact files as the ones already installed on my xbox for a working boot disc or can use other evox files?
    All I need to do is be able to access the drive and switch that file back! I'm soo frustrated!!!!

4. stevexbox

stevexbox Regular member

Do you have your eeprom and or harddrive backedup on laptop?

If you can boot backups, then try booting the boot disc, otherwise, its a waste of a DVD.

Can your laptop boot to devices?
    You can probably try to use a IDE-USB connector, although im pretty sure on %80 it might not work.

5. slynxx

slynxx Member

I have my original xbox hard drive which is softmoded as well and i backed my default.xbe, evox.ini and skins folder. The two versions of evox I have are slightly different, will that be a problem for making a boot disc? And could you tell me the exact files I would need?, because I've read quite few different things. Thanks

6. slynxx

slynxx Member

All fixed. I ran the softmod installer through Splinter Cell and was able to FTP and change back my mistake without even having to reinstall evox.