Replacement for Arcsoft PhotoStudio 6

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Kafka, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

I have been using Ohotostudio 6 for many years. I recently replaced my old computer with a new one which came with Windows 11. After a few weeks PhotoStudio stopped working and I began to get error messages telling me that certain files were faulty. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software but still continued to get the same messages. I suspect that Photostudio is not compatible with Windows 11. I have resorted to scanning with Photoshop Elements but it is time consuming and not really satisfactory. PhotoStudio was ideal for my purposes. Is there software available which is the equivalent of PhotoStudio but not too expensive?

2. Kafka

Kafka Regular member

After posting the above I decided to try reinstelling the program yet again. This time it worked! Photostudio is once again operational.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

A late reply since you've resolved your issue. Depending on what you use Photostudio for there are freeware image editors that perform many of the same functions as Photostudio. A classic of course is GIMP, but there's a lighter image editor that can be expanded through plugins called Paint.net.