1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

replacing audio on a dvd film?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by nok32, Apr 10, 2007.

1. nok32

nok32 Member

i want to completely remove the audio from a dvd film and then insert an mp3 audio track that is exactly the same length as the film. can anyone point me to a guide on how to do this? also, i have access to sony vegas, and i ripped the dvd to disc using the 'file' setting in dvd decrypter (video_ts folder). i could go back to the original dvd if need be, if the vob files arent the ideal way to go about things.
    thanks in advance for any help!

2. Suba

Suba Regular member

There are couple softwares I know to do this
    One is DVDRemake, other DVD Lab.
    Only problem is that mp3 format is not supported audio for DVDs, so most likely if you compile new DVD it will not play audio.

3. nok32

nok32 Member

i want to integrate the audio into the video files.. ultimately producing a compressed video file in avi format. at some point i suppose this means converting the mp3s into the correct format, but im not sure what format i should convert them to, or when that should be done in the process. i will try to tinker around in sony vegas.... but really any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  4. Suba

Suba Regular member

Either PAL or NTSC require AC3 audio format for video. There is also LPCM (uncompressed audio, similar to wav) but that one mainly in PAL region.