1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacing burner in CyberHome DVR 1500

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by renderman, Feb 26, 2004.

1. renderman

renderman Guest

I read somewhere that someone replaced the burner in their recorder with a conventional IDE +R/RW unit. Does anyone have information about this? Does it have to be a real expensive drive? I have also heard that replacing the drive solves lots of problems.....

Also, I would like to see a schematic of the unit's electronics? Anyone opened their's up to see what's inside?

Thanks,
    Bob

2. sweisbrod

sweisbrod Guest

I opened my 1500 when it locked up and would not eject the DVD. It has a standard DVD+R drive with circuit boards around it. It's a very clean and open layout. I unpluged the ribbon and power supply cables and plugged the cables from my PC's CD drive into the 1500's drive. After booting my PC I went MY COMPUTER and it listed the 1500's drive. Used the right button on the mouse to select the drive, then selected eject and it worked.
    My 1500 recorder is working well now but if it fails I will try replacing the drive with a new DVD+R drive. I believe that it can be replaced by a better drive and I would make sure that it has the paperclip hole in the front to eject the DVD when there is a problem.