1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

replacing Panasonic DVR hard drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tech1990, Mar 17, 2007.

1. tech1990

tech1990 Member

After several unsuccessful attempts to get an answer from Panasonic, I thought I would try to find a solution here. I have a Panasonic DMR-E85HP. The mother board is shot and needs to be replaced, which I am unhappy about but I am willing to to deal with it. Problem is this...If the service center replaces the mother board, they will have to reformat the hard drive and I will lose everything on it. Cannot happen. I HAVE to retrieve the video from the hard drive. I have since removed the hard drive from the unit and want to know if I replace the 120G hard drive with a brand new one, have the mother board replaced, can I than swap out the new hard drive with my old hard drive and simply view the vids as I was able to before????

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

they should not have to format the drive unless the drive is some how corupit, and you could just get another hard drive and swap it out with yours latter, one thing you should is backup your stuff all the times

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

If you have a usb hard drive case stick in there get what you want off of it you wiil have to have a pc to explore the drive then burn the data to dvdr disc