1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite - Novice - Help Needed (please)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by Whoishe, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Whoishe

Whoishe Member

Hi all, hoping somebody with knowledge and patience can help me out.

I'm in Dublin, with a Replay Lite box.

I, like most, am fed up with N**'s constant changing of the codes.

What can I do to get the codes to automatically update, which I have been told can be done.

Now, I'm a newbie with limited/sod all knowledge about the workings of these boxes, so please explain what equipment I need (and where to buy if you have time, lol), and what I need to do step by step.

Hoping someone can help!

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  2. Novice99

Novice99 Regular member

You have been told right, the box can be upgraded to auto update.

You will need few things as follows

- A PC
    - A 9 pin Null Modem Cable which can be bought from either Maplins in Jervis St or Blanchardstown Centre. You may also be lucky to get one from PC World. They cost around €16 but its worth it as you will use it again when the next update comes out.

I have posted a zip folder at the link below which has everything else you need. In the folder you will find a full set of instructions, a copy of Replay Lite version 7.52 and the STB-5.20 interface which sends the 7.52 to your box. Make sure you follow the instructions carefully, especially the piece about not unplugging the Replay until the LED on the front has changed from flashing intermittently to flashing rapidly.

http://rapidshare.com/files/35886550/Replay_Lite_Version_7.52_ie.zip.html

Any problems give me a shout back.

3. Whoishe

Whoishe Member

Excellent, worked a treat!

Another question though.... if you "Read User Data", open file and edit a few channel names then "Write Factory Data" (selecting the file you just edited), the names for the favs are dropped and return to Fav 1-8. Any fix for this?