1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moggser

moggser Regular member

brian mate is there new firm ware for the replay? 7.56?
    is it a neeed like or will the 7.52 be ok for the mean time?
    hows things wiv ya

2. gman496

gman496 Regular member

No moggser, 7.52 is still the current version. 7.56 is around for some time now & was introduced for Chou*s, but only in certain locations, not all. In fact I'm not fully sure what 7.56 has different to 7.52. all I know is that I did try it here on NT* & it worked but I got less channels then I do with 7.52. So stick with 7.52 moggser.

3. ronanf

ronanf Member

Hi, Im a new member but have had the pleasure of reading the posts ove rthe last few months to my avail. I lent my replay lite (7.52) to a friend and the donkey wiped it. It was working perfectly before hand but now I get nothing when I scan, are there new codes out or do you have any advice. Great thread by the way.

4. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Are you sure you have this set correctly?
    Go to parental lock.
    Goto key manager,
    Nagra page.
    Scroll left till you see 0x5E (if it’s not there, add provider ID) Type 5E in the box that pops up.
    Exit back to tv. Then do a full scan.

5. ronanf

ronanf Member

gman, you must have some patients cause you get asked some stupid ass questions (including myown) again and again.

When I click left in Nagra I get 0x5E and the 2 codes are

DF.a2.2c.04.54.d5.70.99
    6a.91.9f.e2.1d.99.4b.19

When I go into parental lock I see the red button straight away. I know Im probably doing something stupid but hey Il learn the hard way

6. gman496

gman496 Regular member

MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE CORRECT CODES FOR YOUR AREA

TOP 2 CODES ARE FOR IRELAND ONLY UK IS NEXT LOT DOWN

C***** codes from 16th Feb 2008 18:30pm IRELAND

00 - 89 9C 61 81 6B CD 8E D3

01 - A9 06 91 97 BF 81 CF 2B

New n*l keys 16th Feb 18:35 pm Ireland

00 = DF A2 2C 04 54 D5 70 99
    if you find the codes are not working put the 01 in first
    01 = 6A 91 9F E2 1D 99 4B 19

7. gman496

gman496 Regular member

ronanf, who's your provider & what Freq are you scanning on?

8. ronanf

ronanf Member

Thanks m8, thats what im using, Prov Id is 0x5E is this correct, and I access the parental menu using 0000.
    Thanks again

9. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Start Freq 290
    End Freq 691
    Symbol Rate: 6887/6952
    Constellation 64 Qam
    Search by Network....ON

When all the channels are found....Select VIEW.

If you get 0000:scrambled
    Go to menu,
    User Installation
    Parental lock
    Current password 0000
    Parental lock –off
    Install lock ----off
    New password 7777
    Confirm password 7777
    Exit to TV Screen,
    You need to go to parental lock again
    Current password
    Type 7777
    Goto key manager.
    Current key----ok
    Auto update -----off

10. ronanf

ronanf Member

Gman, thanks for that, they all appear to be appearing in the Search by network menu but seems like it has another 300Mhz to go so Il leave it go and let you know. Thanks in adavance, I reckon I was being a bit impatient.
    Cheers again,

Ralph

11. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Looking good, fingers crossed ;-)

12. moggser

moggser Regular member

hey Gman

oh right nice on i just thought there was new firm ware thre for a sec cause the powers at be or whom we should not mention are been very active lately so though they might be up to something are you gettin some of your channels been messed about relocated like but the name stayin the same on the e.p.g ???? e.g sayin it s mtv base on e.p.g but its rte 2 on the tv if ya get me

13. gman496

gman496 Regular member

They sure are active in my area too. The old box is updating like mad... Hope the Guru's are listening in & are working on a counter strike!!!

-

14. moggser

moggser Regular member

yeah they sure are tryin to mess up our day haha
    i was wonderin if the firmware really worked when i installed it then they never even batted a i lid for 7 months now they wont stop now i know it def works im sure there is somone there already with a soloution for what ever prob they should come up with even this alegded "virus" ha ha

15. Damoirl

Damoirl Member

Yeah that virus thing was gas, I got around 20 phone calls from people freakin out about it!

Gman did you say 7.56 only works in some chorus areas? Cos that would explain why I get all channels in portmarnock but can't get any using the same 7.56 in swords. Anyone got a lite up and running on chorus in swords?

K one other Q.. Does anyone know who makes these firmware updates by any chance or have any info on them? My bro wants to make his own software for the box.. he reckons he could with a bit more info... (don't hold ur breath)

16. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Well hello there Damoirl, how are you keeping ;-).

I'm no authority on this, but my original understanding was that 7.56 was brought for Chou*s, then I read somewhere that it only worked in certain areas for Chou*s, but that was never confirmed by anyone for sure as far as I know.

I'm on Nt*l & use 7.52 & have no problems with it. The last two boxes I purchased came with 7.56 preinstalled (Nudge Wink ;-)but I was missing some channels so I flashed with 7.52 and all is well.

Am I confusing you yet? cos I'm sure confused myself.

As far as I can see, 7.56 works on either but depending on who your cable provider is & where you live appears to dictate how many channels you get.

The only thing I can confirm is this, if you have Nt*l then 7.52 will work & get you all of the channels.

Can anyone confirm the following?
    1. Where did 7.56 originate?
    2. Why was it released?

I have a sneaking suspicion that it originated in the UK & started to come on boxes sent to Ireland & no one here seems to have a definitive answer.

I'm totally open to correction on most of what I've said here, so it would be nice if someone could clarify it for once & for all.

17. Damoirl

Damoirl Member

Hey gman, long time no post eh I've been quiet for the last couple of weeks, was away a bit skiing too :)

7.52 is defo best for NTL anyway, I tried a 7.56 box today and am missing 19 channels. (my mate got all them all tho on chorus) I think your suspicion about 7.56 only working in some chorus areas may be right, I keep getting no signal when I try 7.56 in swords which is really wierd. If anyone can confirm this then please do!

Actually now that I think about it, I think I know a guy in the UK who has something to do with making 7.56... *goes to ask him*

18. riemann

riemann Member

Hi,
    I was changing the names of some of the channels that changed recently and putting them in their correct favourite tabs when I (somehow) arranged all the channels alphabetically (all and favourites). This is really annoying so if anyone knows how to change it back please let me know.

19. scaldy

scaldy Member

Riemann..Oops.. Looks like you're going to have to manually arrange everything. When you're finished doing that why don't you use your Null Modem Cable and take a copy of your confir from the box onto your PC. That way you'll always have recourse to getting all your Channels and Favourites back if you accidently sort them alphabetically again!!!!!. Cheers....The Scaldy One...

20. scaldy

scaldy Member

Question to all.....
    Has anyone got a replay working in Malahide??? The reason I ask is that I gave my box (7.56 loaded) to a buddy in Malahide and all he gets is "No Signal" even though the box works perfectly on the Southside.....Cheers....The Scaldy One!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.