Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheStig85

TheStig85 Member

yeah i found that out now when i came back with it, but how and ever i'll get that other one tomorrow or somethin

2. RedLenin

RedLenin Member

My "exotic" channels have gone scrambled. Only noticed tonight. Anyone else?

3. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes codes where changed look on the bottom of my post and you will get them there

4. WITKO

WITKO Regular member

my box the pvr version went down to night its stuck on a channel and wont do anything no pic no menu even if you power off and wait then power on its still the same goes to start up then screen is black any ideas,thanks

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

got one here with same prob going back to supplier and you do the same

6. TheStig85

TheStig85 Member

i got the usb/null modem cable for the replay and plugged it into my laptop and it said i need software to install the new hardware(replay) on my system.. can anyone help me as to what software i need...

7. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Yes you need to install the software drivers for the USB adapter. They would have come with the adapter.

Did you buy the one in Maplin?

8. TheStig85

TheStig85 Member

no i bought it in Peats, yeah i found a little disc in the back of the box its says your new hardware is installed and ready to use but i cant find it in My Computer any ideas...

9. gman496

gman496 Regular member

That's OK, you don't need to find it anywhere on your computer.

All that software does is allow your computer to interact with whatever device you plug into the USB adapter cable (in your case it will be the Null Modem cable attached to your Replay Lite.) Then your PC can talk to the Replay via the STBlink software. (Just choose the right COM Port in the STBLink software.)

10. TheStig85

TheStig85 Member

i have both the replay lite beta 0208 file and the stblink 5.20 saved on my desktop, i opened up the stb and it says connection failed. i selected both com 1 and com 2 and after both it says the system cannot find the file specified and com port error. any ideas what i'm doing wrong..

11. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Assuming you are using XP?

Do the following.

START
    Right Click "MY COMPUTER"
    Choose "MANAGE"
    In the resulting window, click on "DEVICE MANAGER"
    In the right hand pane, click on the little plus sign beside "PORTS" in the right hand pane.
    Right click on the USB Adapter (Should be something like "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM#)
    Choose "Properties"
    Click on "PORT SETTINGS" TAB
    Click on "ADVANCED"
    Then you will see the COM Port Number Box. You should be able to change it there using the drop down box.
    Try to set it to COM2
    Restart Windows

Set STBLink to COM2 & try to connect.

If that fails try another port number.

12. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Sorry to but in here but i would just like to say that before you plug the usb cable into your Pc you are suposed to load the driver first then plug the usb device in and it then picks it up by itself

If you find it is still not working uninstall the device reboot your Pc then load the disc first then plug the cable in and let the Pc find and load it ok

13. gman496

gman496 Regular member

While that would normally be the rule of thumb, it differs slightly with Serial devices in so far as it(XP) assigns a port number randomly & may not assign one that is available in the STBLink interface options.

14. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Yes that is correct i have already had the misfortune of doing it the wrong way first and it did not work so all i did was uninstall the device rebooted the laptop installed the driver reinserted the cable and worked perfect 1st time i think these cables defo need the driver installed first in order to get them to work but i stand corrected if i am wrong dont get me wrong here i am not having a go but if he does not get it to work maybe try my way and see does it work

15. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Agreed fergusrb,

The bottom line is "Whatever gets the guy up & running" ;-)

16. DigitalTV

DigitalTV Member

It was even harded to install the driver for Vista, but I got there in the end, took me ages to find where you can re-assign the COM port to 1 or 2.

17. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

yes as Vista is different to xp and to be honest if i had vista on my Pc i would be reformatting it and be putting on Xp Pro again as Vist sucks as far as i am concerned Microsoft is in the process of scrapping Vista because of all the problems and there will be a new release to be up and running by 2009

18. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Well, computers are extremely unforgiving when it comes to settings :-(

There's no such a thing as "nearly right"

It's 100% or no connect.

19. gman496

gman496 Regular member

I couldn't agree more.

I was using Vista from the Beta testing stage & still have to from time to time as I work in PC services.

I've always bitched about new Operating systems but eventually got to grips with them. Vista however is the exception, I've got to grips with it alright but the verdict will not change, It's the greatest load of useless cr*p ever to be unleashed on the poor uninitiated end user.

A lot of my work since Vistas release is removing it & reinstalling XP (Where possible). ;-)

XP Pro is without doubt the best OS Microsoft ever released.

20. TheStig85

TheStig85 Member

that worked gman, nice one for the help. i have xp by the way. the new menus look much better than the other ones plus having the epg back in working order is nice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.