1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. behaner

behaner Member

Anyone know the latest codes for ch***s? tried the ones listed (10th april) using the prov. id 5E but no joy yet!!

2. gman496

gman496 Regular member

I'm sure you are sorted by now but if not here's what you need.

Provider oox55

New Codes NTL Ireland 13/04/2008

New 2nd Roll Ireland NT*L
    N*l IRELAND 13th Apr 17:34 pm

00: 9E BA 8F BC FC BC 8A 88

01: 1D 89 F3 8C C4 DC 03 CB

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  3. Galway71

Galway71 Member

Fair Play for having the new codes up so quick....they will prob be gone again this evening.

I hear there might be new software available for all boxes this week so that N**HELL can waste their own time and not ours!!!!!!!!!

4. kopkidda

kopkidda Regular member

Any word on this new software,we really need to get something sorted,box went 4 times yeaterday during the Man Utd V Arsenal match!

Come on all you AutoRoll boffs!!

5. riemann

riemann Member

Thanks for all the codes yesterday :)

6. MRDOG

MRDOG Member

Hi there people. I was wondering if any one can help me?
    I live in Edinburgh and on virgin media - provider i.d 0x01 and been having the same problem as everyone else over the weekend. So was just wondering if anybody had the codes available for here.

7. TheStig85

TheStig85 Member

8. SeanieG

SeanieG Member

I'm newish to this site/thread so please bear with me if my questions are stupid or if the answers are obviously available somewhere that I should have found them.

I have a Replay Lite and updated the codes as per yesterday's and everythings now working fine. Thanks for making them available so quickly.

I've noticed a number of replies have referred to new firmware that is coming for the Replay Lite box. I've also seen references to 'flash' updates and RS232 connections etc. I've tried (without success) searching this thread to understand what this is all about but was wondering if someone could point at some place where all this is explained. I'd trying to understand what the purpose of the firmware is, if I'll need to install it and also if I need to buy some new connection cable to do this.

Thanks

Sean

9. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Firmware is the software that runs the Replay Lite similar to the Operating System on a PC. Without firmware the box would be useless.

The firmware controls how the Menus & functions are displayed & used. It also contains algorithms to catch the newly updated codes as they roll (Well, normally, as that function is not working at the moment)

Coders are working on a fix so as the firmware will be able to identify & update codes as they roll. Once this is done they will release the new firmware for users to install on their boxes.

The new firmware will then need to be installed on the box (This is known as "Flashing").

The tools needed to do this are:

1. The software to communicate with the Replay Lite (Called STBlink)
    2. A cable to connect the box to the PC for flashing the Firmware to the chip on the box. (RS232 NULL Modem Cable 9 Pin Female to 9 Pin Female, Maplin Part # L71BT)This cable needs to be connected to a Serial port on both the box & the PC, but not all PC's have this Serial Connector, especially newer ones & most Laptops.

3. A USB to Serial 9-Pin Male Adapter (Only required if your PC does not have the Serial Port) Maplin Part # ZP43W4.
    4. The actual Firmware file developed by the coders.

The firmware (When released) will be available from the following link as is the STBlink software required to flash the firmware to the Replay Lite.
    http://www.4shared.com/dir/3042613/f6e3421c/sharing.html

You need to run the STBlink on your PC & use it to open & load the Firmware file via the NULL Modem Cable (Plus Adapter if required)to your Replay Lite Box.

The cable & or adapter you will need to source yourself from Maplin, eBay, a friend or wherever.

Hope this helps you to understand a little better.

Gman496 ;-)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  10. SeanieG

SeanieG Member

Thanks for explanations Gman496. Really helpful and very much appreciated...

11. Sabai

Sabai Member

Scrambled again Nthell Dublin Monday 14th 18.30??????????

12. TheStig85

TheStig85 Member

no i'm Dublin on N*L and mine is working, but i hope i didnt put the mockers on meself

13. gman496

gman496 Regular member

They must have singled you out Sabai !!!!!!!

14. Brian52

Brian52 Member

Hi, I'm also an Nthell customer in Dublin and my Replay Lite, updated with the new codes provided yesterday evening, is operating fine.

15. gman496

gman496 Regular member

What's the story with BigMAQ?

Whoever maintains it must be gone on holidays?

It's still displaying codes from the 10th.

16. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Look out the window & tell us if you can see any shady guys with dark sun glasses, talking to their sleeve, parked outside.

17. Novice99

Novice99 Regular member

I removed it from the PC. Been finding a lot of Spywear on the PC over the last few days which I never had before. May be coincidence but it started after I installed the toolbar!

18. gman496

gman496 Regular member

I only stuck it on an old machine to see what it was all about but if it's displaying 4 day old codes it's not worth much, bin here too.

19. Novice99

Novice99 Regular member

Would advise running an anti spyware program. If you have not got one this free one is top class
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/download-free-anti-spyware/

20. jeffoo

jeffoo Member

just wondering anybody know story of when the new software will be out for the box to keep updating itself rather than having to put codes in everyday. i'm fairly useless at this stuff but i know a guy who has a eurovox and apparently he has the software for that model.would that do for the replay lite or is that completely different

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.