1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prawn1

prawn1 Member

Kopkidda,

If you are absolutely confident that your software is correct, then we have to look at the other possibilities.....

Depending on the type of cable you use, some of it can sometimes not be the toughest or as flexible as other cable on the market. There is a chance that you have dodgy leads due to the strain you have put on them with all the to-ing and fro-ing.
    For example the older the cable the more prone it is to damage. I would get yourself some new cable and try that for starters

Try some new cable, check everyting is tight and screwed in properly. The slightest bit of dirt, dust can sometimes be the problem. Ive seen it many times at work!!

2. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Good point.

What cables are you using?

Are you using a scart from the box to the TV?

-

3. kopkidda

kopkidda Regular member

Moggser=when i have the ntl box plugged in the only things into it are the cable from the downconverter,the scart lead and the power supply.

Prawn=The cables are new ones,UPC installed my digital last week,ill just make sure that the leads are tight.

4. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

The point i'm making is that he hasn't tried everything. And yes reflashing can make a difference.

Plus he isn't even where his box is now, so this whole thing is pointless. He's just looking for as many suggestions as possible and is ignoring half of them.

There must be some sort of label or serial numbers on his n*l box as well, no way there is nothing at all written on it.

5. kopkidda

kopkidda Regular member

Evastar how is it pointless!?Im lloking for suggestions on how I can get my box working and I havent ignored half of them,so wind your neck back in!

6. gman496

gman496 Regular member

7. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Yes you have. You haven't reflashed, you haven't checked your n*l box to see what symbol rate you are supposed to be scanning on and you seem to think that people have nothing better to do than deal with your stupid problem. You have been smart about women and you have been rude to moggser as well.

So as far as i am concerned i couldn't care less what happens to your box.

Over and out!

8. kopkidda

kopkidda Regular member

Who ate your cookies?

9. gman496

gman496 Regular member

kopkidda, you aren't helping yourself with these smart comments.

[​IMG]

Try being clever? or you might get lonely!

-

10. kopkidda

kopkidda Regular member

So its ok for a senior member of this forum to abuse a new comer then edit their posts to make it look as if they said nothing ofensive at all?Come on now,we all want to get our digiboxes working and thats the end of it.People telling other people that their problems are "stupid" doesnt really lend itself to helping the other users of this forum to fix their problems either.

11. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

The only editing i have done to any posts is to add in something else because double posting isn't permitted. I'm not a senior member either but i assume that reference was to me.

The first person to make any abusive comments was you. Plus let's be honest here, the only person who actually cares less whether you get your box working or not is yet again - you!

12. kopkidda

kopkidda Regular member

Yes it is you and yes you did edit a post to make it look like you said nothing offensive,if every member/senior member on this board is as "welcoming" and as "helpful" as you ,no boxes would be working.

13. gman496

gman496 Regular member

kopkidda, the issue with your box is obviously frustrating you & understandably so, but remember it was you that initially sought assistance.

Relax & let's count to 10 & see if we can all get this topic back on track.

-

14. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Excuse me i edited no posts. Any remarks i have made to you are still there. As i said before any editing i do is not to double post.

Nobody needs to help you and with an attitude like yours i'd be surprised if they bother anymore.

15. kopkidda

kopkidda Regular member

I wont be expecting anymore "help" from you anyway,ah well.

Gman Yes it is frustrating but its prob(hopefully) something small,thats what im hoping anyway :)

16. moggser

moggser Regular member

there is something small going wrong there
    when you get in tonight look at your ntl box then switch it with your replay then manual scan it starting at freq 290 then make sure network constilation is on and 64 quam

17. moggser

moggser Regular member

also don be so quick to insult folk or you might end up on the wrong end of a mod hunt and then where will you be ill tell ya no where thats where
    so keep your fingers to your self and work on all suggestiions thrown at you by HELPFULL members here there will always be good help ere as long as you ask for it NICELY

18. kopkidda

kopkidda Regular member

I find the majority on here very helpful and their help has been recieved with gratitude numerous times before.Ill let you know how I get on tomorrow.Thanks again bud

19. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Do that kopkidda & let us know how it goes.

Just remember to make sure that the Quam, Scan Freq & range Etc are all set correctly.

Eliminate any other factors by hooking the box directly between the cable feed & TV.

Good luck.

-

20. kopkidda

kopkidda Regular member

Morning all,

Done all that was said above and still no joy,reflashed the replay and all,im still thinking im chorus mmds.But I have no way of checking this to make sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.