1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Ok, go to a thread that HiTeck has posted in. Click on his name and you will go to his profile page. Anyone whose name is in blue has a profile page, names in black haven't set one up.

There is a place on the right hand side of his page under the pictures called shoutbox, you can leave messages in there.

Edit: if you go to the previous page of this thread he has posted there.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

The other suggestion i have for you is plug in your virg*n box you should have them on that and check the frequencies.

3. jibbbbbb

jibbbbbb Regular member

cheers but i dont have a virgin box , many thanks any way

4. moggser

moggser Regular member

jibb you might not be able to get that station on your box form your provider i mean not the box itself
    also if you check back a few pages on this thread highteck posted a freq list so that mifgt help you

@ eva why you so moody lately no noeed to have a go at peeps sure he multi posted but is it your job to slap him \ hr on knuckles???
    i mean him/her should of read the rules before posting like us all we make mistakes othere then that stay safe

5. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

I didn't have a go at anyone - all i said was don't multipost, which i was told myself by other people on this site when i was a newbie and i didn't have a go at them for it.

6. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Eve is right people should wait and see if they get an answer before multiposting all over the place i myself will not answer multiposters as i think it is a waste of time and all it does is clog up your email addy

Eve is quite right to tell them not to multipost as they have to learn sometime so better sooner than later

7. moggser

moggser Regular member

well sorry eva but if you read back on your post you can see where you seem like your havin a go at him im just saying like im not havin a go just pointing out tht peeps might think your a nark or somthing

8. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Thanks fergus. Can you help this guy out, he just posted in my shoutbox but i don't know how to help him? :)

9. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Hi Eve

I myself dont know anything about the replay lite pvr boxes so that question is a little bit confusing to me

If he done a factory reset first then he reflashes the box with the earlier firmware then reflas it with the latest firmware then does a scan that might help him also if he is using a splitter that will have an effect on the quality of the signal causing pixalating and freezing on the screen

10. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Thanks fergus, i don't know if anyone here has one of the pvr boxes, i think most of the posters have the ordinary replay lites. :)

11. jibbbbbb

jibbbbbb Regular member

once again sorry for posting things in the wrong place ,i have no problem with any one on here in fact quite the oppersite. any way forget all that i have a reply lite box there is no hard drive just a plane old box ( 2 years old ) i did update it thanks to you lot useing a null lead . all my promlem is since trying to find sky one , which i thought was now on virgin . ( i did a full scan ) .. and now i kind find box office ( ricky hotton fight to moz )which i did have before , like i said before i live in birmigham and have a virgin connection . but no virgin box

12. moggser

moggser Regular member

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  13. k1cul

k1cul Member

Evastar,fergusrb
    thanks for taking the time cant quite rember if i carried out a factory reset first, whoever flashed the box with ver 7.44 firmware first then with 9.13 firmware then done a scan, splitter?whats is this the telpest cable goes straight into my box and then a scart straight to my tv if this helps, freezing is happing quite a lot when watching channel this also happens when trying to move up or down or threw the channels sometimes as longs as a minute or two re the pvr (box with the harddrive we do relate to this box as a pvr guys or am i getting things mixed up) this part has been disconected from inside off the box im sure you will come up with a soluiton
    thanks again

14. Evastar

Evastar Regular member

Sometimes the replay lites freeze if you keep pressing the buttons on the remote and they take a while to catch up with themselves.

Your signal might also be too strong, which can cause problems as well. A splitter is something you connect to the cable before it goes into your replay lite so the signal can be split two or more ways. If you have a splitter and a weak signal this can cause you to lose channels, but if you don't have a splitter you might have a strong signal, which can also cause problems.

I would suggest doing a factor reset and reloading the firmware again. If that doesn't work maybe check your signal strength, you might need to get a splitter if your signal is too strong!

Best of luck! :)

15. k1cul

k1cul Member

thanks again evastar
    i will try a factory reset and load 7.44 and 9.13 again i trust these as the best ones to load for my box re the splitter sounds like i must have one these some where may be under the floor as i have 10 meg bb

16. k1cul

k1cul Member

sorry one more thing before i carry out the reset i set up favs and stored lots channels in them, locked all the suff not for kids (just me !) im sure i read away back in the thread i could save an image hows this done can some post as link or something to save me time setting every thing back up or will this be a waste off time. also if a reset is carried out will i have to look for all the codes and settings again

17. gman496

gman496 Regular member

To backup your saved channels and favourites.

Connect the null modem lead to your PC and box and power up the box.
    Open up the stb link.
    Setup Comm.
    Click Read User Data
    The file will be called Factory_Data.txt
    There will be 64 blocks to download from the box.
    Save it to your desktop and rename it what you want.

If at a later date you do a full rescan and find nothing,
    You can reload the file you have saved on your desktop.
    But when you have established a connection with the stb link
    Click Write Factory Data and get the saved file from your desktop.
    There will be 64 blocks to upload.
    Make sure as always to wait for the rapidly flashing light.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  18. jibbbbbb

jibbbbbb Regular member

hi room sorted out the missing box office problem ( hatton fight tonight) i found out last time i done a scan for new channels , box office was not broadcasting so i never picked that chanel up . so i done a auto scan today and got box office back because they are broadcasting all day for the hatton fight . any way thanks for all you advice and views on this . but im sorted now .......

cheers

19. pjmorie

pjmorie Regular member

k1cul, don't know if this will be of any help to you but when I got my Reply Lite up and working (non HD version) I had problems with channels frezzing, posted on page 234. Turned out some of the freq's were slightly out.

20. kim2008

kim2008 Member

hi please help i have subscribed for c****s upc broadband and telephone but no tv so i receive them ok but i have put a splitter then put a wire direct to the back of my tv an do a digital auto tv scan it picks up all the c****s channels but it only shows two. i then got the eurovox 1000 and the replay lite which were working well in dublin but they are not working here in clonmel. please would someone know what i should do or is could my area be an mmds communal fed through cable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.