1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jister1

jister1 Member

I have done that m8, after it the lights stop flashing the LED goes red and stays red even after rebooting the box.... when I use the remote control nothing happens just a solid red light. I noticed another user had this problem and used version 1.42a then he upgraded from there....does anyone know where I can get this file?

2. dandanoc

dandanoc Guest

Many thanks Brian. Will work on that today. Cheers mate.

3. reds05

reds05 Member

thanks had a look cant find info on ports..i must be missing it. anyone got any info..?

4. jister1

jister1 Member

I have done that m8, after it the lights stop flashing the LED goes red and stays red even after rebooting the box.... when I use the remote control nothing happens just a solid red light. I noticed another user had this problem and used version 1.42a then he upgraded from there....does anyone know where I can get this file?

5. Replaycym

Replaycym Member

Another thing to remember is that you must have had 7.44 on the box before upgrading to 7.52 otherwise you'll have a dead box. 7.44 has the boot file needed to tell the box what it is. 7.52 is just an update. This has been discussed earlier on in this thread and the link to download 7.44 is there as well. It was suggested that you flash 7.44 on to your box and test. It should be OK. THEN flash 7.52 on top of it and now you'll have the automatic updating of the key codes working too

6. jister1

jister1 Member

I never had 7.44 on the box initially. But I have tried to flash it now without any joy. Constant red LED. I also get a connection error everytime I try and connect now and stblink version 6.00 does not allow you to force the upgrade/connection :( ... maybe one day soon there will be a fix...I dont want to lose the box just yet, I have only had it a short while.

7. szyslak

szyslak Member

I just want to say a big thank you to all the people who have helped on this forum. The 7.52 update worked perfectly on my box and saves so much time instead of manually entering them keys as nthell seem to be changing them every few days now. Thanks again lads and keep up the good work its appreciated.

8. pel662000

pel662000 Member

Can anybody help asap. my box works fine for 15 seconds when i turn it on but then it scrambles. using latest keys and dont know what to do next.

9. debic

debic Regular member

make sure your auto update is off and your parental lock is off and your install lock is off, otherwise the keys won't save and anytime you turn off your replay from the mains the autoupdate will default back on so you're better off leaving it on standby instead. hope this helps.

10. yesomni

yesomni Member

Hi,
    Does anyone know where I can buy a remote control for a Replay Lite ?
    ( One of the kids used it as a tennis racket / cricket bat)

Thanks in advance.

11. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

HI ALL WITH RED LED FROZEN BOXES.
    PLEASE BE PATIENT AND TAKE YOU’RE TIME.
    I HAVE JUST DONE THE FOLLOWING STEP BY STEP AND IT WORKS

YOU WILL HAVE TO FLASH THE BOX WITH 744 SOFTWARE
    http://rapidshare.com/files/38267977/Replay_Lite_v744.zip.html

AND THEN WITH 752
    Each of the files below contain Replay Lite Software version 7.52, the STB/PC interface (stb5.20) and full instructions tailored for either UK or Ireland.

Ireland http://rapidshare.com/files/35886550/Rep....52_ie.zip.html

UK http://rapidshare.com/files/35886412/Replay_Lite_752_uk.zip.html

A Null Modem Cable is required which can be purchased for €18. from Maplins Dublin city centre or if you can wait to have it delivered you can purchase online for a fraction of the cost plus postage. One example of where they can be purchased online is http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Nul...9/dp/B00006B8BJ

Flashing your Replay Lite Box

Before you start you must have the following:

1. A Null Modem Cable L71 BT ( ABOUT 18 EURO ) IN MAPLINS
    2. A PC with a free COM Port (9 pin male port)
    3. Software STBlink5.20 (Client) (the software which flashes the box) plus the file which puts has the coding software 752 for the Replay Lite Box onto the actual unit.

click Stblink5.20 Client and UNTICK the maintain user data box.

select upgrade software,

upload the 744 file.

There are 515 blocks of information to be downloaded. Allow the link to download and write the information to your box. During this time you will see the LED light on the Replay Lite flashing red/green approx every second.
    When all blocks are transferred, your pc will read all transferred.
    WAIT for another 5-7 mins, the box will take a little more time to read the blocks, even though your pc has read all transferred. WHEN the led flashes much more quickly than it did when the files where being visibly transferred, the box is upgraded.
    IMPORTANT
    EXIT STB LINK AND THEN UNPLUG THE BOX AND NULL MODEM LEAD.
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN. THE LED WILL FLASH RED/GREEN.
    WAIT UNTIL THE LED STAYS ON GREEN.

THEN RECONNECT NULL MODEM LEAD AND UPGRADE WITH 752, AS ABOVE.

ANYONE UPDATING FROM 744 TO 752.

Plug in the null modem lead, PC & Replay Box. Switch on Replay Box and press the Setup Comm button on the stb link 5.20 If it’s connected a blue line will move from left to right confirming that a connection has been made.
    KEEP MAINTAIN user box TICKED
    Then press the Upgrade Software Button and choose the appropriate file for your box. The Lite file is currently Version 752

There are 515 blocks of information to be downloaded. Allow the link to download and write the information to your box. During this time you will see the LED light on the Replay Lite flashing red/green approx every second.
    When all blocks are transferred, your pc will read all transferred.
    WAIT for another 5-7 mins, the box will take a little more time to read the blocks, even though your pc has read all transferred. WHEN the led flash much more quickly than it did when the files where being visibly transferred, the box is upgraded.EXIT STB LINK AND THEN UNPLUG THE BOX AND NULL MODEM LEAD.
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN.

Your unit should be flashed and ready to use.

If you already had your channels tuned in they will be still there, flick through the channels until they unscramble. It can take up to a minute or two to find the codes from cable network.

If you have no channels you’ll need to do a channel scan. Go to Auto Search. You will note that the Symbol Rate is set to 6887 & 6952. This needs to be changed to just 6887 NHELL.IE as it will cut the search time in half. You can use the left/right arrow to change it or you can just type it in with the remote. Now press search and it will take about 20 minutes.

During the search it will not start to find channels for about the first 5-10 minutes as it has to go through all of the frequencies. It will eventually find around 242 TV and 63 Radio but it will reduce this amount to around 130 TV and 40 Radio as it deletes the duplicates. When it is finished scanning the “Scanning” button will change to “View”

Press view and this will save your channels.

If you see 1800 Scrambled – just wait a minute or so for the keys to update. You will only have to do this once.

Once your first scrambled channel comes in – they all will!

There is a small glitch in the software which means that the “info” button is not working. A patch will be developed for this.
    IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH SOUND, SWITCH OFF/ON THE BOX AND THE SOUND WILL BE OK

Setting up the Favourites Menu

1. Press the menu button
    2. Navigate to the Channel Manager Section (top of screen)
    3. Go to the TV Channel section and press OK
    4. The TV Channel Manager is now available
    5. By default you are now on Favourite 1 (pressing the RED button will take you through favourites 1-8).
    6. Pressing the GREEN (edit) button allows you to change the Favourite 1 Menu to something more appropriate. I’ve set my favourites 1-8 as follows
    a. 1. Popular TV
    b. 2. Movies
    c. 3. Sport
    d. 4. Factual
    e. 5. UK TV
    f. 6. Music
    g. 7. Kids
    h. 8. Your Choice

7. When you press the Green Button you will have the option to RENAME FAV (navigate to this and press OK). You can now manually rename the Favourite to what you want,
    8. As you scroll through the channel listings you can add your favourites as follows. If you have a favourite called Popular TV you may want to add the standard freeview channels. When you navigate to BBC 1 press the OK button and a Smiley Face will appear next to the channel – this means it has been added to this favourites menu.
    9. When you have finished (with for example – Popular TV) press the RED Button and you will now be on Favourites 2 (pressing the RED button will scroll you through each of the EIGHT Favourite menus). If as I’ve done you’ve renamed Favourites 2 to Movies you may want to add Sky Movies 1/2/3/4 etc
    10. When you are finished with your favourites – press exit and the data will be saved.

ABOVE ALL BE PATIENT,

GOOD LUCK ALL,
    AND THANKS TO EVERBODY FOR POSTS AND UPGRADES
    BRIAN1956

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  12. buzzymcg

buzzymcg Member

Just flashed the box today and no problems since.It's a piece of p*ss if you have the right cable.Thanks all for all the advice on the forum

13. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

yo gman,

you were right about that 752 file, i tried it , same as we already have.

cheers gman,
    BRIAN1956

14. reds05

reds05 Member

not 100% sure what i am doing, thought i had right cables to try flashing but no joy..keep getting com error..but my coms all working ok..must be doing something wrong.not great with my pc..anyone from gloucestershire area wanna flash my box for me?id be wiling to pay a small price.especially if it means no more hassel. please get in contact if you can help. thanks

15. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Well Brian1956, at least we know now for sure.

Now getting back to your previous post,

That took a bit of effort so well done to you for that Brian1956.

There is just one item you may wan't to edit into it? because it saves ages when it comes to scanning for the channels?

I think it was "ReplayL" that brought it to my attention way back in the thread somewhere. Here it is anyway.

I think he named it the 60Sec scan rule:

It applies to NTHELL Ireland & Symbol Rate 6887

Channel Scan

"as for the 56 sec scan, pretty straight forward, dunno where you are or if it will work but my box starts scanning in the auto scan from about 162.00 mhz but it doesn’t actually pick up channels until it reaches approx. 339.5 or something, and even then when you leave it for 25 mins it picks up lots of channels twice and your no better off so having tried leaving the scan for over an hour and stopping it after 56 secs I found I get exactly the same amount of channels so I simply set the start frequency in auto search (up the top) to 338.6 and then press start, within 5 seconds the channels start to come in and being as sad as I am I timed it one night and it took 56 seconds to get every channel available".

"Dunno if it applies everywhere but in dublin my channel scan takes 60 secs, if you set the start frequency to 338.6Mhz instead of the normal 162.00Mhz.

The channels start to come in in about 4 seconds and they are completed within a minute, much easier".

16. reds05

reds05 Member

can anyone flash my box for me?im from gloucestershire.still cant get a connection on my desktop.

17. reds05

reds05 Member

are there any updated codes for telepest?

18. jister1

jister1 Member

Brian... I am @ work now so I cant try the above... but when I try to get a connection using stblink 5.20 I get a connection error...can it still work even though I am getting this connection error...have you had this problem... I have the proper null modem because that is what I used intially when I got the red LED.

19. darren66

darren66 Member

red05 are you sure that you have A Null Modem Cable L71 BT because there are 2 identical looking cables but wired differently unless your box is dead you should be able to get connected good luck

20. jister1

jister1 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.