1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gman496

gman496 Regular member

I'm open to correction here but I think that the only box working with chorus in Ireland is the Eurovox Max?

2. debic

debic Regular member

gman
    I agree with you the replay will not work with cho$$$ but the eurovox and I think the starview will work. But I'm not sure about meath, if you are onn mmds then none of the boxes will work but if you have true cable the eurovox should do the trick.

3. ReplayL

ReplayL Guest

Excuse my ignorance, whats mmds??

4. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Multi Microwave Distribution System.

It's wireless & is used in areas where cable is not viable.

The MMDS channels are transmitted from an omni-directional or directional antenna having extensive line of sight in all directions.The MMDS channels are transmitted from an omni-directional or directional antenna having extensive line of sight in all directions.

5. ReplayL

ReplayL Guest

So antenna on roof = MMDS
    Cable in2 sitting room = true cable

YES???

6. gman496

gman496 Regular member

That's about it ReplayL

7. mackatack

mackatack Member

Trying to follow these threads to use my box. i got a 2006 eurovox, (Blue Box). the only thing with this is that it is a cloned box. it works fine with n&l but cant seem to get it to work for ch&&&&. It is one of the connections that is coming out of the wall in the sitting room so from what im reading that is not mmds?. Have tried the symbol rates 6.887 and 6.875 but none seems to work. i am in maynooth in kildare. can anyone please help as cannot get refund!! cheers

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  8. robbie85

robbie85 Member

Hi Lads and Ladies,

Your prob bored of it by now but my replay lite box is gone the last few weeks, its in the state that I cant access the current key and when I input the codes into Nagra on 0.55 it still wont work, the screen just flashes when I try click into it, what can I do to get all the stations back.

I have a PC but am very new to it so I dont understand flashing and that, whats my first step to getting my beloved channels back, im heart broken and bored out of my head without them

Thanks in advance.

9. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Have you asked the question on the Eurovox board? they will be able to sort you out quicker I would say.

10. mackatack

mackatack Member

Asked them but nobody there has gotten back

11. gman496

gman496 Regular member

This link will take you to the correct board.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5/506556#3228669

12. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Well 6875 is the correct Symbol Rate for what you want.

13. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi robbie85,

Sorry you have no channels brother,

First you have to check what software is on your replay lite.
    Step 1: go to menu on your remote control.
    Step 2: scroll down to utility and across to receiver information[/color.]
    click okon remote control.

SW Version is probablly 7.44
    this needs to be upgraded (flashed) to 752.

If this is the case, the files and instructions and files are on the links below, they are free to download.

Each of the files below contain Replay Lite Software version 7.52, the STB/PC interface (stb5.20) and full instructions tailored for either UK or Ireland.

Ireland http://rapidshare.com/files/35886550/Rep....52_ie.zip.html

UK http://rapidshare.com/files/35886412/Replay_Lite_752_uk.zip.html

A Null Modem Cable is required which can be purchased for €18. from Maplins Dublin city centre or if you can wait to have it delivered you can purchase online for a fraction of the cost plus postage. One example of where they can be purchased online is http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Nul...9/dp/B00006B8BJ

Flashing your Replay Lite Box

Before you start you must have the following:

1. A Null Modem Cable L71 BT ( ABOUT 18 EURO ) IN MAPLINS
    2. A PC with a free COM Port (9 pin male port)
    3. Software STBlink5.20 (Client) (the software which flashes the box) plus the file which puts has the coding software 752 for the Replay Lite Box onto the actual unit.

Plug in the null modem lead, PC & Replay Box. Switch on Replay Box and press the Setup Comm button on the stb link 5.20 located on your [/color]computer If it’s connected a blue line will move from left to right confirming that a connection has been made.
    KEEP MAINTAIN user box TICKED
    Then press the Upgrade Software Button and choose the appropriate file for your box. The Lite file is currently Version 752

There are 515 blocks of information to be downloaded. Allow the link to download and write the information to your box. During this time you will see the LED light on the Replay Lite flashing red/green approx every second.
    When all blocks are transferred, your pc will read all transferred.
    WAIT for another 3-5 mins, the box will take a little more time to read the blocks, even though your pc has read all transferred. WHEN the led flash much more quickly than it did when the where being visibly transferred, the box is upgraded.
    EXIT STB LINK AND THEN UNPLUG THE BOX AND NULL MODEM LEAD.
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN.

Your unit should be flashed and ready to use and will update automatically

If you already had your channels tuned in they will be still there, flick through the channels until they unscramble. It can take up to a minute or two to find the codes from cable network.

If you have no channels you’ll need to do a channel scan. Go to Auto Search. You will note that the Symbol Rate is set to 6887 & 6952. This needs to be changed to just 6887 NHELL.IE as it will cut the search time in half. You can use the left/right arrow to change it or you can just type it in with the remote

"as for the 56 sec scan, pretty straight forward, dunno where you are or if it will work but my box starts scanning in the auto scan from about 162.00 mhz but it doesn’t actually pick up channels until it reaches approx. 339.5 or something, and even then when you leave it for 25 mins it picks up lots of channels twice and your no better off so having tried leaving the scan for over an hour and stopping it after 56 secs I found I get exactly the same amount of channels so I simply set the start frequency in auto search (up the top) to 338.6 and then press start, within 5 seconds the channels start to come in and being as sad as I am I timed it one night and it took 56 seconds to get every channel available".

"Dunno if it applies everywhere but in dublin my channel scan takes 60 secs, if you set the start frequency to 338.6Mhz instead of the normal 162.00Mhz.

The channels start to come in in about 4 seconds and they are completed within a minute, much easier".

There is a small glitch in the software which means that the “info” button is not working. A patch will be developed for this.
    If you have any trouble with sound just turn off/on the box and the sound will come in.

The most important part of flashing is to be patient and wait for the led on the box to be flashing much much more than you could visibly see the WHEN block transferring on your pc screen
    the best of luck brother

BRIAN1956

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  14. gman496

gman496 Regular member

That's strange?

There are only five pages on the Eurovox board & none have a post from mackatack?

Maybe that's why they didn't reply ;-)

15. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hello again robbie85,

If you know someone who has an updated box there is a much simpler to update. Clone your box from theirs.

CLONING THE REPLAY LITE

If you have flashed a box and set up the favourites in order you can clone the data on this box to another.

Simply plug in the set up (master, working one) box – attach a null modem cable to the back. Take the dud box, put it on top of the master, plug in the null modem lead THEN FINALLY plug the power into the dud box. It will then start cloning from the master. When the red/green light starts blinking very rapidly – it’s cloned 
    I have timed this from when I put in the plug for the dud
    box.
    It takes just over 4mins
    But make sure you wait for the led to be flashing really really fast.

there are 2 speeds the led will flash at.
    1: when you first plug in the dud box, you will see it flashing like a regular heartbeat.

2:When it is cloned, it will flash much much quicker.

Be patient and you will do this no problem.

Best of luck,

BRIAN1956

16. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Yo gman496,

I have that bigmac toolbar installed and have scanned it with 3 different anti virus programmes and it still reads clean.

Take care brother,

BRIAN1956

17. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Yo again gman96,

found this on earlier post from debic.

30. May 2007 @ 05:14
    ch$$$s use 6875, but i too bought a replay lite and the same as boomberg they just come up scrambled. i then bought a eurovox max and i can get 138 channels with ch$$$s. when you do a scan it generally picks up 7 transponders but then you can manually add the other 6 on the eurovox.

Hope this helps,

BRIAN1956

18. mackatack

mackatack Member

found the thread, cheers gman, posted one on another thread that thought it was the right one but was wrong. cheers

19. debic

debic Regular member

mackatack
    the replay will not work on Cho*** at all, the eurovox and starview will. I don't know if they work in Maynooth at all but a friend of mine tried to get it to work in lexlip and it wouldn't work as they're on MMDS and not true cable. Before you go to any expense buying a different box check that you have true cable.

20. buzzymcg

buzzymcg Member

Just got back from holidays to find box reading scrambled.Its got 7.52 software and was working fine before i went.I rescaned the channels and made sure all the locks were off and still nothing.Any ideas?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.