1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi lydon70,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I think I have a solution to your problem.

Download the file from the link below. It's 742a file.
    http://www.speedyshare.com/975252842.html

Flash the box. Remember UNTICK maintain user data.
    Wait until all the blocks are transferred and WAIT a couple of more minutes fro the led to flash much more rapidily than it did when you could visibly see when the blocks were transferring.
    Unplug everything and only connect the power lead.
    Wait for the led to flash red/green and then stay on green.

Then flash with 744
    http://www.speedyshare.com/672799881.html

AND FLASH WITH 752 OR CLONE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS 752 ALREADY IN THEIR BOX. Each of the files below contain Replay Lite Software version 7.52, the STB/PC interface (stb5.20) and full instructions tailored for either UK or Ireland.

Ireland http://www.speedyshare.com/621126443.html
    UK http://www.speedyshare.com/747203583.html
    A Null Modem Cable is required which can be purchased for €18. from Maplins Dublin city centre or if you can wait to have it delivered you can purchase online for a fraction of the cost plus postage. One example of where they can be purchased online is http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Nul...9/dp/B00006B8BJ

Flashing your Replay Lite Box

Before you start you must have the following:

1. A Null Modem Cable L71 BT ( ABOUT 18 EURO ) IN MAPLINS
    2. A PC with a free COM Port (9 pin male port)
    3. Software STBlink5.20 (Client) (the software which flashes the box) plus the file which puts has the coding software 752 for the Replay Lite Box onto the actual unit.

click Stblink5.20 Client and UNTICK the maintain user data box.

select upgrade software,

upload the 744 file.

There are 515 blocks of information to be downloaded. Allow the link to download and write the information to your box. During this time you will see the LED light on the Replay Lite flashing red/green approx every second.
    When all blocks are transferred, your pc will read all transferred.
    WAIT for another 3-5 mins, the box will take a little more time to read the blocks, even though your pc has read all transferred. WHEN the led flash much more quickly than it did when the where being visibly transferred, the box is upgraded.
    IMPORTANT
    EXIT STB LINK AND THEN UNPLUG THE BOX AND NULL MODEM LEAD.
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN. THE LED WILL FLASH RED/GREEN.
    WAIT UNTIL THE LED STAYS ON GREEN.

THEN RECONNECT NULL MODEM LEAD AND UPGRADE WITH 752, AS ABOVE.

ANYONE UPDATING FROM 744 TO 752.

Plug in the null modem lead, PC & Replay Box. Switch on Replay Box and press the Setup Comm button on the stb link 5.20 If it’s connected a blue line will move from left to right confirming that a connection has been made.
    KEEP MAINTAIN user box TICKED
    Then press the Upgrade Software Button and choose the appropriate file for your box. The Lite file is currently Version 752

There are 515 blocks of information to be downloaded. Allow the link to download and write the information to your box. During this time you will see the LED light on the Replay Lite flashing red/green approx every second.
    When all blocks are transferred, your pc will read all transferred.
    WAIT for another 3-5 mins, the box will take a little more time to read the blocks, even though your pc has read all transferred. WHEN the led flash much more quickly than it did when the where being visibly transferred, the box is upgraded.
    EXIT STB LINK AND THEN UNPLUG THE BOX AND NULL MODEM LEAD.
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN.

Your unit should be flashed and ready to use.

If you already had your channels tuned in they will be still there, flick through the channels until they unscramble. It can take up to a minute or two to find the codes from cable network.

If you have no channels you’ll need to do a channel scan. Go to Auto Search. You will note that the Symbol Rate is set to 6887 & 6952. This needs to be changed to just 6887 NHELL.IE as it will cut the search time in half. You can use the left/right arrow to change it or you can just type it in with the remote. Now press search and it will take about 20 minutes.

During the search it will not start to find channels for about the first 5-10 minutes as it has to go through all of the frequencies. It will eventually find around 242 TV and 63 Radio but it will reduce this amount to around 130 TV and 40 Radio as it deletes the duplicates. When it is finished scanning the “Scanning” button will change to “View”

Press view and this will save your channels.

If you see 1800 Scrambled – just wait a minute or so for the keys to update. You will only have to do this once.

Once your first scrambled channel comes in – they all will!

There is a small glitch in the software which means that the “info” button is not working. A patch will be developed for this.
    IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH SOUND, SWITCH OFF/ON THE BOX AND THE SOUND WILL BE OK

Setting up the Favourites Menu

1. Press the menu button
    2. Navigate to the Channel Manager Section (top of screen)
    3. Go to the TV Channel section and press OK
    4. The TV Channel Manager is now available
    5. By default you are now on Favourite 1 (pressing the RED button will take you through favourites 1-8).
    6. Pressing the GREEN (edit) button allows you to change the Favourite 1 Menu to something more appropriate. I’ve set my favourites 1-8 as follows
    a. 1. Popular TV
    b. 2. Movies
    c. 3. Sport
    d. 4. Factual
    e. 5. UK TV
    f. 6. Music
    g. 7. Kids
    h. 8. Your Choice

7. When you press the Green Button you will have the option to RENAME FAV (navigate to this and press OK). You can now manually rename the Favourite to what you want,
    8. As you scroll through the channel listings you can add your favourites as follows. If you have a favourite called Popular TV you may want to add the standard freeview channels. When you navigate to BBC 1 press the OK button and a Smiley Face will appear next to the channel – this means it has been added to this favourites menu.
    9. When you have finished (with for example – Popular TV) press the RED Button and you will now be on Favourites 2 (pressing the RED button will scroll you through each of the EIGHT Favourite menus). If as I’ve done you’ve renamed Favourites 2 to Movies you may want to add Sky Movies 1/2/3/4 etc
    10. When you are finished with your favourites – press exit and the data will be saved.

ABOVE ALL BE PATIENT,

GOOD LUCK ALL
    BRIAN1956
    http://www.iol.ie/~bullwallbarkers/colleen.html

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."- William Arthur Ward

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  2. lyndon70

lyndon70 Member

just tried what you said,guess what... it worked
    thanks again you are a top man..

3. lyndon70

lyndon70 Member

brain1956
    just tried what you said,
    guess what... it worked
    thanks again you are a top man..

4. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi lyndon70

Well done brother,

I am proud of you, You are now a TOP MAN

Happy viewing,
    BRIAN1956

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."- William Arthur Ward

5. paulmcp

paulmcp Member

After endless problems for me trying to fix my Replay box Brian dropped around to the house tonight and fixed it all in under 4mins very impressive! Thanks again Brian!

Paul

6. 2steven0

2steven0 Member

can anyone tell me if the reply lit with the new firmware will work on the cho*us network

7. davyo6

davyo6 Member

8. davyo6

davyo6 Member

hi got the same problem got a nul modem cable but also got a conector for the computer it still will not connect to box how do i install driver

9. davyo6

davyo6 Member

wot is driver and where will i get one

10. gizzburn

gizzburn Member

Are you sure you have got the correct cable, a few mates of mine at work bought from Maplins what they where told was the Null Modem cable, but in fact it was the wrong one.
    It needs to be the right one with crossed over wires.
    Make sure you have the correct cable.

Gizz

11. jister1

jister1 Member

Hi Brian, I have just flashed with the 742a file then the 744 and finally the 752 all is well and working a treat. Thanks for all the time you took replying etc;. I think the problem was my box needed to be flashed with the 742a before it was able to accept any other files.

Its all working now and im happy.... another box back from the dead!!

12. gman496

gman496 Regular member

You're not the first to mention this, my local Maplin store have the two cables right beside each other & they are in identical packages, the only difference is the code on the package, in fact, the day I bought mine they were mixed on the shelf bracket. Obviously the people working there even have difficulty in telling the difference.

The Maplin product code for the correct cable required is L71BT & nothing else will do. It must be a NULL MODEM cable which has the cross over wiring.

Can you just imagine the frustration a new user would have trying to get their box sorted using the incorrect cable?

13. Delish666

Delish666 Member

Hi all,
    ok am completly new to this but is no one posting codes for Ireland for the replay lite anymore??

Everyone is talking about flashing the box...wat exactly is that and is it better than entering in the codes??

Cheers

14. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Yo jister1,

I am delighted you are back up and running.
    Well done. I was looking for that 742a file for ages.
    Doing the rounds on the other websites, I noticed a lot of posts for your good self and I thought that when I found a solution to the frozen boxes problem, that I would let you know.
    We can now look forward to the football season with lots and lots of footie.

Hope the wheather is better in Edinborough than here in Dublin.

Well done again,
    you showed great patience and perseverance.

Happy days brother.

BRIAN1956.

15. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi 2steven0,

Looks like a no-go on the replay lite working in the ch###us area.
    Here is a quote from an earlier post.

I do know that a starview does work in ch###us land.
    But make sure its an original and not a clone.

Hope this helps brother,

BRIAN1956

16. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi delish666,

Are you on nhell, these seem to be the codes at the moment.
    1. Menu

2. Installation

3. Parental Lock

4. Red Audio Button for Goto Key Manager

5. Choose the top option and turn OFF the auto update.

6. Press the Blue button to choose the NAGRA option

6. Four left arrows back take you to 'Prov ID 0x55'

7. One down arrow takes you to the 0x00 - i.e. Key 0. Press OK

8. Up pops the HEX Keyboard - just type in the new numbers - it puts the dots in for you. Do this for Key 01 as well.

NHELL IRELAND

00:a9 86 6e ea 39 ea 09 49
    01:9e 40 85 78 e7 82 10 06

It’s very important to recheck the codes after you put them as sometimes the box changes the first 2 numbers of the 00: line to a3 if this happens change them as above again and recheck if box does not unscramble.

9.keep pressing Exit till you out -should be sorted.

On flashing your box.

You probably have a replay lite version 744.
    to check this,
    Go to menu
    Utility
    Receiver information press ok
    SW Version probably is 7.44
    Even with the updated codes, some of the boxes aren't working.
    Your box needs to be updated to 7.52, this is the latest software update for the replay lite box.
    When installed your box will automatically update itself.

There are two ways of doing this.

Downloading the latest software and upgrade your box from your PC, or getting someone who has an updated box which you can connect to your box, called cloning (this is the best way)

What part of the country are you in, just roughly, no exact location.

Get back to me with the information and I will get your box back up and running.

BRIAN1956,

17. jister1

jister1 Member

Hi Brian,

I seen lots of other forums that had the file, but they also had forum rules which stipulated you had to contribute 20 posts before being able to download any files ....lol....they had a spam filter for random posts and I figured I would be better waiting and some day I would come across the 742A.

thanks for all your help m8

and let the football commense...im going to the Hearts and Barcalona game a week on Sat @ murrayfield....cant wait!!

18. kimcooper

kimcooper Member

Hi all. i just flashed my replay with 752 and the info isnt working. can anyone tell me why????

19. Delish666

Delish666 Member

Cheers Brian 1956

Codes are working well, thanks man. Im in dublin and on nthell. If u flash or clone the box does it mean u never have to change the codes again??

20. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi kimcooper,

Welcome to the forum.

Well done on flashing your box with 752.

The info button isn't working because of a small error in the 752 programme file, but a patch will be developed soon (hopefully)for this and I'm sure will be made available to all on this forum.
    At least you have the peace of mind now, that you don't have to manually input codes any more.
    Make sure parental lock and install lock are in the off position.
    You might experience sound loss on some of the channels, simply switch off the box on the problem channels and switch on again, and the hills be alive with the sound of music.
    Well done on upgrading the software, a lot of people had problems with this, but you didn't.

Congratulations and happy viewing.

BRIAN1956.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.