1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi Delish666,

Delighted you up and running again.

On cloning or flashing the box will mean no more code inputting.
    It's well worth doing as nhell will probably change the codes again soon.

I am dublin northside.
    Don't ever reveal your exact location or email on the forum as I am sure nhell are probably having a look at what we are doing.

If you want to contact anyone personally, PM them.

You can tell who's reliable, by reviewing the history of their posts.

So take care delish666,
    Happy viewing,
    BRIAN1956
    http://www.iol.ie/~bullwallbarkers/colleen.html

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."- William Arthur Ward

2. 2steven0

2steven0 Member

many thanks brian for your input on the reply lite working on corus ,

2steveno

3. warby111

warby111 Member

I am having a problem with EPG, suddenly got no EPG.

It was working fine a few days ago and not done anything to the box, have 7.52 insta;;ed and has been for over a month now.

Anyone able to advise me if i can get this sorted without rescanning and having to arrnage all faves again please?

4. warby111

warby111 Member

I am having a problem with EPG, suddenly got no EPG.

It was working fine a few days ago and not done anything to the box, have 7.52 installed and has been for over a month now.

Anyone able to advise me if i can get this sorted without rescanning and having to arrnage all faves again please?

5. aidodub

aidodub Guest

Brian r u tere hello again i was just wondering have u got ur info working cause mine just says no detail information do u kno anything about this if so would u let us kno please and fair play to u helping everybody out with there problemes top man as they say.......

6. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi warby111,

Don't do a rescan.

I would think your box is ok.Leave it powered on for a few days as sometimes it takes time to update the epg.

Try pressing info twice, sometimes it comes in sometimes it doesn't.
    A patch will be developed soon (hopefully)which will fix the epg and detailed info button.

Keep an eye out on this forum fro updates.

Happy viewing,
    BRIAN1956

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."- William Arthur Ward

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  7. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi aidodub, my young brother.

Sorry for the late reply ( wife made me do garden )

The info button isn't working because of a small error in the 752 programme file, but a patch will be developed soon (hopefully)for this and I'm sure will be made available to all on this forum.
    As soon as I get a patch I will post it here for all to dowload.
    I will pm you when I get it.

Good luck brother.

BRIAN1956.

8. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi 2steven0,

If you are buying a starview, make sure it has 400e file as this is the one that updates the codes automatically.
    And make sure it's not a fake, as these have been causing lots of problems.

Starview original or fake
    Download this and it will help, it’s a word document with pictures of original and fake Starview boxes
    http://www.speedyshare.com/317158975.html

If I lived in ch###us land I would go for the eurovox box.

Hope this helps brother,
    BRIAN1956.

9. warby111

warby111 Member

10. robbie85

robbie85 Member

Hello Brian1956

I got your PM and replied, maybe your gone off line but iv been too busy the last few weeks to flash my replay lite box.

I got the null modem cable today and am currently trying to download the required files from the link below that you gave me but all I get when I click on it is " File Not Found ", any ideas.

Ireland http://rapidshare.com/files/35886550/Rep....52_ie.zip.html

Cheers,
    Robbie85.

11. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi robbie85,

Sorry for the delay ( wife make me do gutters )

Each of the files below contain Replay Lite Software version 7.52, the STB/PC interface (stb5.20) and full instructions tailored for either UK or Ireland.

Ireland http://www.speedyshare.com/621126443.html

UK http://www.speedyshare.com/747203583.html
    A Null Modem Cable is required which can be purchased for €18. from Maplins Dublin city centre or if you can wait to have it delivered you can purchase online for a fraction of the cost plus postage. One example of where they can be purchased online is http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Nul...9/dp/B00006B8BJ

Flashing your Replay Lite Box

Before you start you must have the following:

1. A Null Modem Cable L71 BT ( ABOUT 18 EURO ) IN MAPLINS
    2. A PC with a free COM Port (9 pin male port)
    3. Software STBlink5.20 (Client) (the software which flashes the box) plus the file which puts has the coding software 752 for the Replay Lite Box onto the actual unit.

click Stblink5.20 Client and TICK the maintain user data box.

select upgrade software,

upload the 752 file. ( I dragged it from the folder, you will download to my desktop for easy access )

There are 515 blocks of information to be downloaded. Allow the link to download and write the information to your box. During this time you will see the LED light on the Replay Lite flashing red/green approx every second.
    When all blocks are transferred, your pc will read all transferred.
    WAIT for another 3-5 mins, the box will take a little more time to read the blocks, even though your pc has read all transferred. WHEN the led flash much more quickly than it did when the where being visibly transferred, the box is upgraded.
    IMPORTANT
    EXIT STB LINK AND THEN UNPLUG THE BOX AND NULL MODEM LEAD.
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN.

The flashing speed of the led is very very important.

When the files are being transferred it will flash about the speed of your window wipers on your car when there is a little rain.

Don't exit or unplug the box until you see the led flashing much much quicker, just like when you would have your window wipers on in a downpour.

If you already had your channels tuned in they will be still there, flick through the channels until they unscramble. It can take up to a minute or two to find the codes from cable network.

If you have no channels you’ll need to do a channel scan. Go to Auto Search. You will note that the Symbol Rate is set to 6887 & 6952. This needs to be changed to just 6887 NHELL.IE as it will cut the search time in half. You can use the left/right arrow to change it or you can just type it in with the remote. Now press search and it will take about 20 minutes.

During the search it will not start to find channels for about the first 5-10 minutes as it has to go through all of the frequencies. It will eventually find around 242 TV and 63 Radio but it will reduce this amount to around 130 TV and 40 Radio as it deletes the duplicates. When it is finished scanning the “Scanning” button will change to “View”

Press view and this will save your channels.

If you see 1800 Scrambled – just wait a minute or so for the keys to update. You will only have to do this once.

Once your first scrambled channel comes in – they all will!

There is a small glitch in the software which means that the “info” button is not working. A patch will be developed for this.
    IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH SOUND, SWITCH OFF/ON THE BOX AND THE SOUND WILL BE OK

Setting up the Favourites Menu

1. Press the menu button
    2. Navigate to the Channel Manager Section (top of screen)
    3. Go to the TV Channel section and press OK
    4. The TV Channel Manager is now available
    5. By default you are now on Favourite 1 (pressing the RED button will take you through favourites 1-8).
    6. Pressing the GREEN (edit) button allows you to change the Favourite 1 Menu to something more appropriate. I’ve set my favourites 1-8 as follows
    a. 1. General TV
    b. 2. Movies
    c. 3. Sport
    d. 4. Music
    e. 5. Kids
    f. 6. Documentaries
    g. 7. News
    h. 8. Others

7. When you press the Green Button you will have the option to RENAME FAV (navigate to this and press OK). You can now manually rename the Favourite to what you want,
    8. As you scroll through the channel listings you can add your favourites as follows. If you have a favourite called Popular TV you may want to add the standard freeview channels. When you navigate to BBC 1 press the OK button and a Smiley Face will appear next to the channel – this means it has been added to this favourites menu.
    9. When you have finished (with for example – Popular TV) press the RED Button and you will now be on Favourites 2 (pressing the RED button will scroll you through each of the EIGHT Favourite menus). If as I’ve done you’ve renamed Favourites 2 to Movies you may want to add Sky Movies 1/2/3/4 etc
    10. When you are finished with your favourites – press exit and the data will be saved.

Above all be patient,

I wish you great success robbie85
    BRIAN1956

12. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi robbie85,

Sorry for the delay ( wife make me do gutters )

Each of the files below contain Replay Lite Software version 7.52, the STB/PC interface (stb5.20) and full instructions tailored for either UK or Ireland.

Ireland http://www.speedyshare.com/621126443.html

UK http://www.speedyshare.com/747203583.html
    A Null Modem Cable is required which can be purchased for €18. from Maplins Dublin city centre or if you can wait to have it delivered you can purchase online for a fraction of the cost plus postage. One example of where they can be purchased online is http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Nul...9/dp/B00006B8BJ

3. Software STBlink5.20 (Client) (the software which flashes the box) plus the file which puts has the coding software 752 for the Replay Lite Box onto the actual unit.

select upgrade software,

upload the 752 file. ( I dragged it from the folder, you will download to my desktop for easy access )

There are 515 blocks of information to be downloaded. Allow the link to download and write the information to your box. During this time you will see the LED light on the Replay Lite flashing red/green approx every second.
    WAIT for another 3-5 mins, the box will take a little more time to read the blocks, even though your pc has read all transferred. WHEN the led flash much more quickly than it did when the where being visibly transferred, the box is upgraded.
    IMPORTANT
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN.

When the files are being transferred it will flash about the speed of your window wipers on your car when there is a little rain.

Don't exit or unplug the box until you see the led flashing much much quicker, just like when you would have your window wipers on in a downpour.

If you already had your channels tuned in they will be still there, flick through the channels until they unscramble. It can take up to a minute or two to find the codes from cable network.

If you have no channels you’ll need to do a channel scan. Go to Auto Search. You will note that the Symbol Rate is set to 6887 & 6952. This needs to be changed to just 6887 NHELL.IE as it will cut the search time in half. You can use the left/right arrow to change it or you can just type it in with the remote. Now press search and it will take about 20 minutes.

During the search it will not start to find channels for about the first 5-10 minutes as it has to go through all of the frequencies. It will eventually find around 242 TV and 63 Radio but it will reduce this amount to around 130 TV and 40 Radio as it deletes the duplicates. When it is finished scanning the “Scanning” button will change to “View”

If you see 1800 Scrambled – just wait a minute or so for the keys to update. You will only have to do this once.

There is a small glitch in the software which means that the “info” button is not working. A patch will be developed for this.

1. Press the menu button
    5. By default you are now on Favourite 1 (pressing the RED button will take you through favourites 1-8).
    6. Pressing the GREEN (edit) button allows you to change the Favourite 1 Menu to something more appropriate. I’ve set my favourites 1-8 as follows
    a. 1. General TV
    b. 2. Movies
    c. 3. Sport
    d. 4. Music
    e. 5. Kids
    f. 6. Documentaries
    g. 7. News
    h. 8. Others

7. When you press the Green Button you will have the option to RENAME FAV (navigate to this and press OK). You can now manually rename the Favourite to what you want,
    8. As you scroll through the channel listings you can add your favourites as follows. If you have a favourite called Popular TV you may want to add the standard freeview channels. When you navigate to BBC 1 press the OK button and a Smiley Face will appear next to the channel – this means it has been added to this favourites menu.
    9. When you have finished (with for example – Popular TV) press the RED Button and you will now be on Favourites 2 (pressing the RED button will scroll you through each of the EIGHT Favourite menus). If as I’ve done you’ve renamed Favourites 2 to Movies you may want to add Sky Movies 1/2/3/4 etc
    10. When you are finished with your favourites – press exit and the data will be saved.

Above all be patient,

I wish you great success robbie85
    BRIAN1956

13. robbie85

robbie85 Member

Brian1956,

You have to keep herself happy, have to head off myself now but ill try get it done tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the reply.

Robbie85.

14. kopkidda

kopkidda Regular member

Any more news on the info button fix for the replay?

15. kimcooper

kimcooper Member

hi brian,

thanks for replying, i havent been on this forum for a while now. i wonder if u could shine a light on some other problems ive been havin with my box.

some of the +1 channels are scrambled and so is the JETIX channel and its my sons favorite as its the only one that constantly shows Power Rangers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

16. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi Kim,

Some people having the same problems as yourself.
    I can't check it at the moment as lightning struck the house today and blew the the power lead on my tv box.

I will be getting a new lead in maplins and when I do I will get back to you.

You might have to do a channel rescan,or if someone you know has these channels working, clone yours from theirs, but I will check this out for you soon.

Sorry your son can't see the Power Rangers, maybe a Power Rangers DVD will satisfy him until we get a fix.

Take Care,

BRIAN1956

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  17. number4

number4 Member

How do I clone a Replay Lite?

18. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi kimcooper,

I got my box up and running again and I have checked all my channels.
    All the + channels and jetnix are working ok. epg ok. No info yet though.

I flashed my box with the 752 UK FILE

You could try this and see if this fixes your problem.

http://www.speedyshare.com/236911554.html

If it doesn't, do a re-scan of your box and it should be sorted.

select upgrade software,

IMPORTANT
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN.

1. Press the menu button
    a. 1. General TV
    b. 2. Movies
    c. 3. Sport
    d. 4. Music
    e. 5. Kids
    f. 6. Documentaries
    g. 7. News
    h. 8. Others

Take care Kim,
    Best of luck..
    BRIAN1956

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  19. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi number4,

Welcome to the forum.

Cloning is when someone has an update replay lite box ( THE MASTER ), with everything working. All channels and updating the codes automatically.

To clone one box from another.

Simply plug in the set up (MASTER) box – attach a null modem cable( L71BT ) to the back. Take the new box, put it on top of the master, plug in the null modem lead THEN FINALLY plug the power into the second unit. It will then start cloning from the master. The red/green light starts blinking WAITuntil the red/green light starts blinking much much faster than it did when you first plugged the second box.
    It takes 4 minutes from the time you plug in the second box for it to be cloned.
    When you see this much much faster blinking light, UNPLUGthe second box and the null modem lead and your box should have the exact same channels as the MASTER

Make sure the null modem lead has part number L71BTon the cover, don't buy anything that hasn't got this number on it.

Hope This helps number4,
    The best of luck.
    BRIAN1956

20. Whoishe

Whoishe Member

I'm also noticing problems with the EPG recently, takes forever to update, anybody know if NTHELL are up to anything?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.