1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyndon70

lyndon70 Member

Brain 1956,
    how are you m8.
    just letting you know that the info button doesn't work down here in wales.any news on the patch??
    thanks

2. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi lyndon70,

Thanks for the feedback, I'm waiting to hear from Scotland to see if it the same there.
    Anyone from England viewing, Is the "info" button working there?????
    Help us to help you.

If the info button is not working anywhere, then we know it's a software problem and can try fix it.
    The info button was working with 744 software,but not with 750 or 752.

Thanks again lyndon brother,

as soon a fix is found, it will be posted for all.

Brian1956,

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."- William Arthur

3. marco29

marco29 Member

Hi all,
    i've jsut set up my box and its working grand all stations working , well one or 2 are not but thats ok with me.
    Just wondering if the parental lock should also work, ive been unable to set this for a few chanels that i dont want the kid getting onto x tv etc , any ideas? maybe i'm doing something stupid.

4. debic

debic Regular member

you need to go into channel manager and press the colour button that coincides with LOCK when you have highlighted the channel you want to lock. then you will be asked to enter your password which unless you've changed it should be 0000, when you've done this the channel should be locked. Alternately you can set them into your favourites under the locked section and set all the others into their other groups and just select your channels from there. Personally I find using the favourites much easier than having to constantly go into channel manager and scrolling through all the channels to find the one I want.

5. debic

debic Regular member

sorry guys
    For some reason I thought that was a euroox you wanted to lock the channel on. but its similar for the replay.

6. tobywong

tobywong Member

brian , apologies for not getting back til now but my net has been down! bad news is my search returned nothing , so any ideas what i may be doing wrong???????

7. marco29

marco29 Member

Great worked a charm now the replay cant be used with now worries now. :)
    thanks for the help

8. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi toby,

Are you on ntell, replay lites only work on ntell,
    Did your scan find nothing or did you get channels that were scrambled???????????

If you are on ntell, go to
    Menu.
    Parental Lock.Press red button on remote control.
    Current Key press OK on remote control.

Settings on current Key Should read.
    Just read them don't change anything.

CA System..................Nagra.......Auto Update Off
    Provider ID................0055
    Key ID.....................0x00
    Key 0xA9.86.6E.EA.39.EA.09.49

If the above settings are incorrect,
    Press blue button on youtr remote control.
    It will take you to Edit Nagra Keys.
    On Prov ID.......use the left button on your remote control ( the one to the left of the list ok button ) to change this to Prov ID 0x55.

Press exit 3 times and then do a channel scan.

Good luck toby,

Brian1956

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  9. debic

debic Regular member

tobywong
    The problem you have is that your box has not been flashed correctly when you bought it. You need to get a null modem cable and connect it to your box and flash the 7.52 software onto it. Or if you know someone who already has a box with the software on it you can use the null modem cable to clone the software onto your box from theirs. I bought a box possibly from same person and the 6887 symbol rate did not appear in the symbol rate options and I tried all other options before cloning the box and doing the clone was the only option that worked. Its not difficult to do the flash or the clone once you have the cable and a 9pin port on your p.c or just the cable and a previously flashed box. Only takes a couple of minutes and will save you a lot of heartache in the long run. I'm almost sure that you can no longer manually enter the keys into the boxes anymore which was something we used to do as a quick fix till they released the 7.52 software. It only held until the keys changed which happened quiet frequently. if you need the 7.52 software and instructions etc p.m me your email address and i'll forward them to you but make sure you have a null modem cable ( you'll get it cheap enough on ebay) and a 9 pin port on your p.c ( generally found on the older p.c's).

Best of luck
    Debic

10. adowie

adowie Member

Hi,
    can anyone please give me an address of anywhere that updates replay lite boxes, I have been trying to update mine for the passed week and I am now pulling my hair out, tried 752 but the box froze, now trying 744 but it wont work nor will 752 again, sometimes gets to block 35 sometimes it tell me that my bootloader is old version, I have followed all the instructions from previous pages but getting nowhere

11. 2steven0

2steven0 Member

Hi Adowie,

If you know any one that already has a replay you can clone your box of it,Failing that, what part of Dublin you from

12. Whoishe

Whoishe Member

Is there any way to manually tune in just 1 station.

Setanta Sports 1 is showing as scrambled, but it comes in fine if I do a complete re-scan.

But a re-scan also: Renames all the channels to default names (I've renamed most, to make them easier to sort), clears all my favourites, adds channels I've purposly deleted, and unsorts all my channels from the order I had them in.

There must be an easier way to just add 1 channel, anybody?

13. adowie

adowie Member

Hi 2steven0
    thanks for replying, i'm in Edinburgh, just stumbled on the this web side trying to sort out my problem, just thought I could post the box to someplace

14. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi adowie,
    and anybody is has a frozen replay lite, the red led stays on.
    The reason why this happens is unplugging the box before the flash is complete. When files are transferring from your PC to the Box you will see the led flashing red/green slowly....WAIT untill you see the led flashing much more quickly, this happens about a couple of minutes after all the blocks have been transferred.

Download the file from the link below. It's 742a file.
    http://www.speedyshare.com/480850955.html

Flash the box. Remember UNTICK maintain user data.
    Wait until all the blocks are transferred and WAIT a couple of more minutes for the led to flash much more rapidily than it did when you could visibly see when the blocks were transferring.
    Unplug everything and only connect the power lead.
    Wait for the led to flash red/green and then stay on green.

Then flash with 744
    http://www.speedyshare.com/166633270.html

AND FLASH WITH 752 OR CLONE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS 752 ALREADY IN THEIR BOX. Each of the files below contain Replay Lite Software version 7.52, the STB/PC interface (stb5.20) and full instructions tailored for either UK or Ireland.

UK 752 http://www.speedyshare.com/859117548.html

IRL 752 http://www.speedyshare.com/262600882.html

A Null Modem Cable is required which can be purchased for €18. from Maplins Dublin city centre or if you can wait to have it delivered you can purchase online for a fraction of the cost plus postage. One example of where they can be purchased online is http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Nul...9/dp/B00006B8BJ

Flashing your Replay Lite Box

Before you start you must have the following:

click Stblink5.20 Client and UNTICK the maintain user data box.

select upgrade software,

upload the 744 file.

There are 515 blocks of information to be downloaded. Allow the link to download and write the information to your box. During this time you will see the LED light on the Replay Lite flashing red/green approx every second.
    When all blocks are transferred, your pc will read all transferred.
    WAIT for another 3-5 mins, the box will take a little more time to read the blocks, even though your pc has read all transferred. WHEN the led flash much more quickly than it did when the where being visibly transferred, the box is upgraded.
    IMPORTANT
    EXIT STB LINK AND THEN UNPLUG THE BOX AND NULL MODEM LEAD.
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN. THE LED WILL FLASH RED/GREEN.
    WAIT UNTIL THE LED STAYS ON GREEN.

THEN RECONNECT NULL MODEM LEAD AND UPGRADE WITH 752, AS ABOVE.

ANYONE UPDATING FROM 744 TO 752.

Plug in the null modem lead, PC & Replay Box. Switch on Replay Box and press the Setup Comm button on the stb link 5.20 If it’s connected a blue line will move from left to right confirming that a connection has been made.
    KEEP MAINTAIN user box TICKED
    Then press the Upgrade Software Button and choose the appropriate file for your box. The Lite file is currently Version 752

There are 515 blocks of information to be downloaded. Allow the link to download and write the information to your box. During this time you will see the LED light on the Replay Lite flashing red/green approx every second.
    When all blocks are transferred, your pc will read all transferred.
    WAIT for another 3-5 mins, the box will take a little more time to read the blocks, even though your pc has read all transferred. WHEN the led flash much more quickly than it did when the where being visibly transferred, the box is upgraded.
    EXIT STB LINK AND THEN UNPLUG THE BOX AND NULL MODEM LEAD.
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN.

Your unit should be flashed and ready to use.

If you already had your channels tuned in they will be still there, flick through the channels until they unscramble. It can take up to a minute or two to find the codes from cable network.

If you have no channels you’ll need to do a channel scan. Go to Auto Search. You will note that the Symbol Rate is set to 6887 & 6952. This needs to be changed to just 6887 NHELL.IE as it will cut the search time in half. You can use the left/right arrow to change it or you can just type it in with the remote. Now press search and it will take about 20 minutes.

During the search it will not start to find channels for about the first 5-10 minutes as it has to go through all of the frequencies. It will eventually find around 242 TV and 63 Radio but it will reduce this amount to around 130 TV and 40 Radio as it deletes the duplicates. When it is finished scanning the “Scanning” button will change to “View”

Press view and this will save your channels.

If you see 1800 Scrambled – just wait a minute or so for the keys to update. You will only have to do this once.

Once your first scrambled channel comes in – they all will!

There is a small glitch in the software which means that the “info” button is not working. A patch will be developed for this.
    IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH SOUND, SWITCH OFF/ON THE BOX AND THE SOUND WILL BE OK

Setting up the Favourites Menu

1. Press the menu button
    2. Navigate to the Channel Manager Section (top of screen)
    3. Go to the TV Channel section and press OK
    4. The TV Channel Manager is now available
    5. By default you are now on Favourite 1 (pressing the RED button will take you through favourites 1-8).
    6. Pressing the GREEN (edit) button allows you to change the Favourite 1 Menu to something more appropriate. I’ve set my favourites 1-8 as follows
    a. 1. Popular TV
    b. 2. Movies
    c. 3. Sport
    d. 4. Factual
    e. 5. UK TV
    f. 6. Music
    g. 7. Kids
    h. 8. Your Choice

7. When you press the Green Button you will have the option to RENAME FAV (navigate to this and press OK). You can now manually rename the Favourite to what you want,
    8. As you scroll through the channel listings you can add your favourites as follows. If you have a favourite called Popular TV you may want to add the standard freeview channels. When you navigate to BBC 1 press the OK button and a Smiley Face will appear next to the channel – this means it has been added to this favourites menu.
    9. When you have finished (with for example – Popular TV) press the RED Button and you will now be on Favourites 2 (pressing the RED button will scroll you through each of the EIGHT Favourite menus). If as I’ve done you’ve renamed Favourites 2 to Movies you may want to add Sky Movies 1/2/3/4 etc
    10. When you are finished with your favourites – press exit and the data will be saved.

ABOVE ALL BE PATIENT,

GOOD LUCK ALL
    BRIAN1956 (on hols in south of France)Au Revoir

http://www.iol.ie/~bullwallbarkers/colleen.html

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."- William Arthur Ward

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  15. willij

willij Member

just got a phone call to say NTL ire and sending out a virus this evening to scramble all boxes, flashed and unflashed. I was told to knock off the box and leave it off for the night.

16. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

hello brian1956
    hope you enjoyed or are enjoyin ur holiday in france you deserve it. i just noticed i've been promoted to junior member how did that happen. not much happenin with this thread lately is there??

17. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Newbie to Junior Member -- 25 posts Junior Member to Member -- 100 posts Member to Senior Member -- 500 posts Senior Member to Addict --2500 posts anyone to Moderator

18. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi lawler59,

Congratulations on your promotion,
    hope all is well with you.

No sign of that alledged virus that was to hit during the night.
    I am just back from France, it was 37celsius, now I am freezing here.
    I'm off to wicklow tomorrow with the missus and my 3 westies for a week up in the mountains. I will be staying in a log cabin, no pc.

Footie season starts tomorow,
    Good luck to all

Brian1956

19. boldbaby

boldbaby Member

hi, does any1 know if the replay lite works on the magnet service?

20. boldbaby

boldbaby Member

hi, does anyone know if the replay lite works on the magnet service?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.