1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi techkid,

and anybody is has a frozen replay lite, the red led stays on.
    The reason why this happens is unplugging the box before the flash is complete. When files are transferring from your PC to the Box you will see the led flashing red/green slowly....WAIT untill you see the led flashing much more quickly, this happens about a couple of minutes after all the blocks have been transferred.

Download the file from the link below. It's 742a file.
    http://www.speedyshare.com/480850955.html

Flash the box. Remember UNTICK maintain user data.
    Wait until all the blocks are transferred and WAIT a couple of more minutes for the led to flash much more rapidily than it did when you could visibly see when the blocks were transferring.
    Unplug everything and only connect the power lead.
    Wait for the led to flash red/green and then stay on green.

Then flash with 744
    http://www.speedyshare.com/166633270.html

AND FLASH WITH 752 OR CLONE WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS 752 ALREADY IN THEIR BOX. Each of the files below contain Replay Lite Software version 7.52, the STB/PC interface (stb5.20) and full instructions tailored for either UK or Ireland.

UK 752 http://www.speedyshare.com/859117548.html

IRL 752 http://www.speedyshare.com/262600882.html

A Null Modem Cable is required which can be purchased for €18. from Maplins Dublin city centre or if you can wait to have it delivered you can purchase online for a fraction of the cost plus postage. One example of where they can be purchased online is http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-Nul...9/dp/B00006B8BJ

Flashing your Replay Lite Box

Before you start you must have the following:

click Stblink5.20 Client and UNTICK the maintain user data box.

select upgrade software,

upload the 744 file.

There are 515 blocks of information to be downloaded. Allow the link to download and write the information to your box. During this time you will see the LED light on the Replay Lite flashing red/green approx every second.
    When all blocks are transferred, your pc will read all transferred.
    WAIT for another 3-5 mins, the box will take a little more time to read the blocks, even though your pc has read all transferred. WHEN the led flash much more quickly than it did when the where being visibly transferred, the box is upgraded.
    IMPORTANT
    EXIT STB LINK AND THEN UNPLUG THE BOX AND NULL MODEM LEAD.
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN. THE LED WILL FLASH RED/GREEN.
    WAIT UNTIL THE LED STAYS ON GREEN.

THEN RECONNECT NULL MODEM LEAD AND UPGRADE WITH 752, AS ABOVE.

ANYONE UPDATING FROM 744 TO 752.

Plug in the null modem lead, PC & Replay Box. Switch on Replay Box and press the Setup Comm button on the stb link 5.20 If it’s connected a blue line will move from left to right confirming that a connection has been made.
    KEEP MAINTAIN user box TICKED
    Then press the Upgrade Software Button and choose the appropriate file for your box. The Lite file is currently Version 752

There are 515 blocks of information to be downloaded. Allow the link to download and write the information to your box. During this time you will see the LED light on the Replay Lite flashing red/green approx every second.
    When all blocks are transferred, your pc will read all transferred.
    WAIT for another 3-5 mins, the box will take a little more time to read the blocks, even though your pc has read all transferred. WHEN the led flash much more quickly than it did when the where being visibly transferred, the box is upgraded.
    EXIT STB LINK AND THEN UNPLUG THE BOX AND NULL MODEM LEAD.
    POWER UP THE BOX AGAIN.

Your unit should be flashed and ready to use.

If you already had your channels tuned in they will be still there, flick through the channels until they unscramble. It can take up to a minute or two to find the codes from cable network.

If you have no channels you’ll need to do a channel scan. Go to Auto Search. You will note that the Symbol Rate is set to 6887 & 6952. Leave it at this symbol rate, as some of the channels have been changed. Now press search and it will take about 30 minutes.

During the search it will not start to find channels for about the first 5-10 minutes as it has to go through all of the frequencies. It will eventually find around 242 TV and 63 Radio but it will reduce this amount to around 130 TV and 40 Radio as it deletes the duplicates. When it is finished scanning the “Scanning” button will change to “View”

Press view and this will save your channels.

If you see 1800 Scrambled – just wait a minute or so for the keys to update. You will only have to do this once.

Once your first scrambled channel comes in – they all will!

There is a small glitch in the software which means that the “info” button is not working. A patch will be developed for this.
    IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE WITH SOUND, SWITCH OFF/ON THE BOX AND THE SOUND WILL BE OK

Setting up the Favourites Menu

1. Press the menu button
    2. Navigate to the Channel Manager Section (top of screen)
    3. Go to the TV Channel section and press OK
    4. The TV Channel Manager is now available
    5. By default you are now on Favourite 1 (pressing the RED button will take you through favourites 1-8).
    6. Pressing the GREEN (edit) button allows you to change the Favourite 1 Menu to something more appropriate. I’ve set my favourites 1-8 as follows
    a. 1. Popular TV
    b. 2. Movies
    c. 3. Sport
    d. 4. Factual
    e. 5. UK TV
    f. 6. Music
    g. 7. Kids
    h. 8. Your Choice

7. When you press the Green Button you will have the option to RENAME FAV (navigate to this and press OK). You can now manually rename the Favourite to what you want,
    8. As you scroll through the channel listings you can add your favourites as follows. If you have a favourite called Popular TV you may want to add the standard freeview channels. When you navigate to BBC 1 press the OK button and a Smiley Face will appear next to the channel – this means it has been added to this favourites menu.
    9. When you have finished (with for example – Popular TV) press the RED Button and you will now be on Favourites 2 (pressing the RED button will scroll you through each of the EIGHT Favourite menus). If as I’ve done you’ve renamed Favourites 2 to Movies you may want to add Sky Movies 1/2/3/4 etc
    10. When you are finished with your favourites – press exit and the data will be saved.

ABOVE ALL BE PATIENT,
    GOOD LUCK ALL
    BRIAN1956 (on hols in south of France)Au Revoir

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires."- William Arthur Ward

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  2. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi all,

If you want to Save time on a rescan,

Download the file below to your desktop.
    http://www.speedyshare.com/525336958.html

It has all my channels and favourites on it. All are working, but set##ta 2 will come on only sometimes, mostly on though.

Down the stb link file below to your desktop.

http://www.speedyshare.com/490167957.html

Run the stb link file.
    Connect the null modem lead from your PC to the box.

Click Write Factory Data.
    Get the file dub channel fav
    Click Write Factory Data
    There are 64 blocks to upload.

Wait a couple of minutes more after your PC has read all blocks transferred.
    Then unplug the null modem lead and the box.
    Power up the box again and in a few moments all my channels and favs will be on your box.

Brian.

3. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Sorry I didnt explain it clearer , I remember Scouser giving you details on how to delete the GT ROM in the regedit , I need this info if you have it , Not the GT ROM itself lol

5. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi celtic71,

Here is sc0user original post.

Sorry Brian,

I have been off for a while hope you are well, I have read your posts and I have seen this type of problem before, it might be a corruption of the gtromloader in your registry,(even downloading a new gtromloader will not correct this).

Please see if these instructions will help you.

MAKE SURE YOU'RE NOT RUNNING GTROM 1ST, CLOSE ANY INSTANCES OF IT THAT YOU ARE RUNNING.

Do the following:
    Click start then run, type regedit in the space then OK.
    This will open up windows registry [CAREFUL NOW!!]
    Browse to:
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1659004503-1682526488-1202660629-1003\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications\GTRom v4.00\GTRom
    Look in the right hand pane, you'll see (Default),ML0, ML1, ML2, ML3 & ML4 under the Name column. In the data column the data for (Default) should read (value not set) in brackets.

The Data pane for ML0 should say GCR 3510 the others should be blank.
    If it is not as above for either (Default) or ML0-ML4 just right click on either (Default) or the ML* (* BEING A NUMBER) that's wrong select modify and correct it in the value data pane then click ok.
    Then exit the registry by selecting file then exit.
    Next time you run GTROM all will be well.

Hpoe this helps celtic71.

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Thanks a million Brian , thats the one , cheers

7. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Mess up the Gtromloader Celt :) Only joking give us a shout when you are around.

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

Ha ha Scouser lol It wasnt for me ya dafty lol

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

:)

10. bigwadz

bigwadz Member

hey guys wots the story with setantas sports cant get 1 or 2 just cums up scrambled all the time anybody help me out with this

11. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Its basically a cc problem at the moment a lot of people are having the same problem try rescanning the frequency that they are on and you might get lucky ok

12. bigwadz

bigwadz Member

tried rescan no joy any other ideas

13. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi bigwadz,

My set#### 1+2 are on at the moment,
    Sometimes they will go off, this just means channel off air.
    It's not a problem with the box or your settings.
    Have you flashed a box before.

Download the file below to your desktop.
    It's a file called dub chan fav
    http://www.speedyshare.com/525336958.html

It has all my channels and favourites on it. All are working, but set##ta 1 +2 will come on only sometimes, mostly on though.
    They are on as I am typing this.

Down the stb link file below to your desktop.

http://www.speedyshare.com/490167957.html

Connect the null modem lead from your PC to the box
    Run the stb link file.

Click Write Factory Data.
    Get the file dub channel fav
    Click Write Factory Data
    There are 64 blocks to upload.
    You will see the files transferring to your pc.

The led on the front of your box will flash red/green slowly.
    Wait a couple of minutes more after your PC has read all blocks transferred.
    The led will flash red/green very very quickly.
    Exit the stb link.
    Then unplug the null modem lead and the box.
    Power up the box again and in a few moments all my channels and favs will be on your box.

Brian.

14. leinsterq

leinsterq Member

hey im new to this website and have a replay lite box.it went down at the end of may.i was given a set of codes for it.i was told to go to the parental lock screen and press the red button but whenever i press the red button nothing happens.if anyone has any advice 4 me it would be greatly appreciated

15. gman496

gman496 Regular member

What software revision is on your box?
    The latest software is v 7.52 & if you flash your box with this software you will not need to enter any more codes as it will update the codes itself.

Everything you will need to do this is already on this site, just read back through the posts for download links if you need them.

16. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi leinsterq,

Welcome to the forum,

As gman496 has rightly pointed out, you will need to upgrade the box from your computer.

To do this you need to buy a null modem cable lead
    you can get one in maplins,cost around €18.
    Make sure the cover on the lead has the part number L71BTon it. Don't accept anything else.

You also need to download this file below to your desktop.
    It has the software needed to upgrade the box.
    http://www.speedyshare.com/262600882.html

You then have to connect your computer to your replay lite box and flash it.

Flashing instructions are on the link below,, it's a pdf document that will guide you step by step through the flashing process.
    http://www.speedyshare.com/390212936.html

17. raykelly

raykelly Member

hi new to this site can any1 help i have a replay lite and im in ireland i only have rte2 and tv3 i tried press menu
    go to parental control press info type 2004 the secret menu should appear and no joy with that and also tried
    Menu

2. Installation

3. Parental Lock

4. Red Audio Button for Goto Key Manager

5. Choose the top option and turn OFF the auto update
    and no joy with that can any1 help
    Thank

18. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

The menu you are trying to get into is for the starview box so which one do you have reply lite or starview

on reply light you need to scan for you channels first then when you have them go to menu parental control press 7777 then press ok then red button then exit out you should see on your tv 1800 now means it is trying to find codes

19. raykelly

raykelly Member

hi new to this site can any1 help i have a replay lite and im in ireland i only have rte2 and tv3 i tried press menu
    go to parental control press info type 2004 the secret menu should appear and no joy with that and also tried
    Menu

2. Installation

3. Parental Lock

4. Red Audio Button for Goto Key Manager

5. Choose the top option and turn OFF the auto update
    and no joy with that can any1 help
    Thanks

20. raykelly

raykelly Member

thanks ill see if that works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.