1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

2. lyndon70

lyndon70 Member

after flashing does this auto update the box??

3. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

4. gman496

gman496 Regular member

TAFSIR,

You are a Leg for making these update & instructions files available, great to see people willing to share.

Can you just educate me one little bit more? What exactly does this firmware update do / fix?

5. lyndon70

lyndon70 Member

codes for n*l wales(2/6/2007)
    00- D5 68 00 5A 29 36 51 D1
    01- E2 C9 74 0A 04 22 A6 12
    WORKING A TREAT..

6. TAFSIR

TAFSIR Regular member

when the key codes change it updates itself , so you dont have to do anything , just watch & enjoy

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  7. debic

debic Regular member

i don't know how to get these files when i open the link. can you please explain to me exactly what to do. do i have to join that web site and pay for them or is there a free way. sorry for sounding like a thick but i ahven't transfered files to the box before.
    thanks

8. joe37

joe37 Member

Can anyone help. i'm new to this. I bought a replay lite and it went down and when i try to go into the menu it asks for a password but not like it normally does. its like four white boxes. i've tried 0000, 7777, 2004 but none of them are the right ones. has anyone any idea. i can get into the nagra option and input the codes but i can't do anything else. i can't get into parental lock or current key. when i go to both same thing keeps happening with the password. Is there a master password that i could use. I've also tried to go to factory default but same again with the password thing.

9. skippy17

skippy17 Guest

THANKS 4 THE NTL CODE WORKS GREAT

10. tostao

tostao Member

Joe37 - if you have not got a working password I would suggest you download the new image reffered to in the post above from Tafsir and reimage the box. The insturctions are easy to follow.

You will need a Null Modem Cable (also called an RS232 cable).

I have not used this image myself yet but when I get time to pick up a cable I will.

11. dog1973

dog1973 Member

Need HELP. Flashed the box. Tried to scan for channels but no luck. Using NTL Dublin. Please help.

12. dog1973

dog1973 Member

I should have stated that I tried to change the symbol rate with the left arrow but again no luck.

13. Novice99

Novice99 Regular member

Had very same problem. Flashed two boxes but made the mistake of performing channel search on one of them even though the channels were still there from before I flashed. As a result of this I lost all existing channels and search function would only perform limited search with no results. Unable to change symbol rating.

Other box worked perfectly because I did not perform channel search and all the channels were still there from before I flashed.

The only way I could sort out the problem with the other one was to connect it to the working one as described in the flash instructions and clone it. It is not working fine except that the "info" for the channels does not work on either box. I suspect this is a bug in the flash but I can live with that.

Unless someone has a better idea which, would be most welcome, I would strongly suggest that anyone flashing a replay lite does not do a channel search unless there were none present prior to flashing.

Anyone who has already lost their channels and cannot perform a full search may want to seek out someone else with a replay lite and clone from it as per instructions which accompany the flash and firmware. Cloning was the only solution I could find but someone might have an easier fix. Hope this is of help to someone.

Novice99

14. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Novice99,
    If I take a Replay Lite that's working fine at the moment (it has all the channels) & I flash it with the latest software posted here,
    Will it still have all the channels after the flash? Or will I have to scan it again.

Can I then use that box to clone a second one? Or would the second one have to be flashed separately?

The reason I’m asking is this,
    I have two box’s & when the codes changed last week I didn‘t know what was wrong
    So I re-scanned one of them. Then I found out that I needed to get new codes & thankfully I found them here 

The only problem with the one I re-scanned is that it lost all the Favourites, its working fine other then that.

The second (untouched box) is working fine too since I entered the new codes
    & it has all its favourites.

Now I would like to put the latest software on both box’s with the aim of having both up to date & both with the favourites restored.

Any advice from people who understand this better then me would be great.

15. Novice99

Novice99 Regular member

Would suggest that you clone the box with the favs on to the other one first then you will have a fall back if one goes wrong. To do this just power up the one that has the favs on, we will call it "BOX 1) connect null modem cable to it.

Then with power OFF on second box (Plug Out) connect other side of null modem cable to this box (BOX 2). Then power up BOX 2. The light on the front of BOX 2 (the one you are copying to) will flash red/green approx every second for about 5 mins it will then flash rapidly when it is complete. When this happens it is complete. Unplug the power from BOX 2 amd disconnect the null cable. You then have an exact copy of BOX 1 including password and favs.

You can then flash one of the boxes with the new image and when you are happy you still have all the channels and favs you can go through the above process of cloning it to the second box. However if the flash did not work successfuly you can simply clone it back to the old image from the other box.

A bit long winded but I hope it will help.

Novice99

16. debic

debic Regular member

I have the new software but someone has just told me that its only for the 6952 symbol rate and not 6887. As i am nthell dublin we need the 6887 rate. Can anyone tell me is this true that the new software won't work or has anyone tried it in Dublin and found that it does work. Don't want to try it until i.m sure its ok to use.
    thanks

17. mudflap33

mudflap33 Guest

Thanks for the info guys, can someone answer this question, i am having probs connecting to my lite box with my rs232 cable, it was working but now isn't. i can't seem to turn it on and i wonder if my remote is knackered, can someone tell me if the light on the end of the remote lights up when you press any button as mine is not flashing.

thanks

18. Novice99

Novice99 Regular member

I am in Dublin too. That is probably why it will not find new channels on scan. Please see my postings above for more info that might guide you.

19. Novice99

Novice99 Regular member

There is no light on the remote. The bulb like thing is simply the IR but does not light up. If you unplug your box and power it up again it should come on automatically.

20. dog1973

dog1973 Member

Can someone please tell me where I can download firmware version 744. The new 750 isn't working in Dublin, so I need to roll back. Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.