1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reds05

reds05 Member

hope spurs do better brian except against us next sun,i asked a while back about buying 2 remotes controls and one of the people on here told me reply.lite.net sold them for £20 but turns out they only repair, unfortunatly, the two i had, i got rid of so now have 2 remote controls short..know anywhere i can get 2 from? any help appreciated as always. thanks

2. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi red05,

This info from a friend called Turbo

get yourself down to your local asda supermarket store (most are open 48hrs). go to the electrical department & pick yourself up one of those universal multipurpose learning remote controls. not many peeps know this but i am here to share contrary to what some members might think. the one to get is the Gemini gad8 model. it will not be listed in the brands section but it will work & ALL the replay original/compatable buttons are there unlike other universal remotes where some main function buttons are missing or need the original to send the signal over to copy them on learning buttons. all you need to do is follow the instructions carefully. no need to enter the brand codes as it is not listed on these just point & press code search & it will find the right hidden code. the bonus of having one of these as well is that you can also reprogramme other appliances to work of the same remote control leaving less clutter & more viewing pleasure instead of hunting high & low for the misplaced originals

price should be less as well. goodluck!!.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2007
  3. darren66

darren66 Member

plasebo you can do a manual scan without removing all your scanned channels it does take some time and messing about but it is better than doing a total rescan.Before you start note down how many channels you already have programmed then goto Menu> user installation>manual search>enter password (usually 7777)> i tend to start at around channel 110 and search with network ON hit search if "no program found" appears hit OK and EXIT and adjust channel up 1 and start again. You will start to get channels listing and when you do instead of hitting exit hit view go to the last channel. these are where the new channels appear(note only new channels are saved no duplicates so only channels that you have will appear)if the new channels are not the missing ones go back and manual search on the next channel and so on. It sounds difficult but you soon get used to it and its funny what you scan in (some ppv films etc) but in the end you will find the new working channels that your missing. good luck

4. darren66

darren66 Member

5. adowie

adowie Member

Brian,

that’s me up and running, I have been trying to flash the box for the last month with a friends cheap null modem cable, bought the maplin cable this afternoon and flashed the 3 codes and unfroze the box. Now I have all the channels back. Thanks for the help

6. tazz1

tazz1 Member

Hi Brian 1956
    got the lead can you go through the set up with me
    Thanks Tazz1

7. tazz1

tazz1 Member

Hi brian 1956
    just to let you know the receiver info is
    sw version :7.44
    Thanks
    Tazz1

8. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Adowie,

Great to see got that problem sorted.
    You showed great patience.
    Happy viewing.

9. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi tazz1,

Software 7.44 will need to be updated to 7.52

The software can be obtained from the link at the bottom of this post.

Go to the replay section.

In the firmware folder you will find the files used to update or fix your box.
    Download the 752 file to your desktop.

In the software folder you will find,
    download the Stblink5.20 to your desktop.
    the file used to transfer the firmware from your PC to your box.

In Documentation folder you will find,
    Download Flashing the replay lite PDF.
    This is a guide to show you how to update the box.

The most important of flashing (upgrading) the box is, when you have the null modem connected between your PC and the box and start the transfer the updated file. There will be 515 blocks to upload to your box.
    During this the light on the box will flash red/green slowly.
    When Your PC will reads transfer complete, WAIT and look at the flashing red/green light on the box, in about 2 minutes, it will flash really really quickly, exit the stblink, unplug the null modem lead and the power to the box.
    Then only plug in the box, wait for the light to go green and then plug in your scart and TV leads.

Form when you see the blocks start to transfer.
    It takes 4 mins for the box to be updated.
    But make sure you see the led flashing much more quickly than it did when the blocks were transferring.

You wil see all this in a clearer way in the instructions in the flashing your box document.

The main thing though(very important) wait for the red/green light to be really flashing quickly.

I won't be here for the rest of the night, but there's always someone here that will answer any more questions you have.
    There's a great bunch of helpful people on this site.

http://eko.4shared.com/

10. tazz1

tazz1 Member

help help
    just downloaded all the info and got the null modem lead from maplin the correct one and now i cant plug it into my laptop!!!!!!!!!!! i know you must think im a right prat but hay can anybody come up with anything.
    Thanks tazz1

11. moggser

moggser Regular member

12. moggser

moggser Regular member

grab a usb adopter from same place
    for the cable

13. tazz1

tazz1 Member

Thanks for the help I will get one tomorrow hopefully it will work thanks again Tazz1

14. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Hi tazz1,

Most newer Laptops/PC's don't have a 9 pin Serial port onboard.
    If you don't have access to an older PC that has one, you will have to purchase a USB To Serial 9 Pin Male Adapter. These are currently on offer in Maplin Electronics for €22 Approx & the part number is ZP43W.

To use the adapter you will have to install the software driver provided on Disc with the adapter.

The Software Drivers can also be downloaded from this link
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/media/ZP43W_Drivers.zip

Make sure to connect the device prior to installing the drivers. This will cause windows to detect it & run the Windows found new hardware wizard. When this happens, cancel the wizard & insert the disc that came with the adapter & run the setup file.

Once you install the device drivers you will need to identify which COMM Port the device was assigned in order to choose the correct COMM Port in the stblink v5.20 software used to interact with the Replay Lite.

To check which port your device is on, do the following.

Click START
    Right Click My Computer
    Choose MANAGE
    Click on DEVICE MANAGER (in the left hand pane)
    In the right hand pane of the resulting window, click on the little plus sign(+) beside the Ports(COM & LPT)entry

You should now see the device listed as "Prolific USB-To-Serial Comm Port ( ) The Comm Por number for your device will be displayed between the 2 brackets next to the entry. ( )

Make sure to choose that COMM Port number in the stblink software so as it will communicate with the Replay Lite Box.

15. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Hi tazz1,

Most newer Laptops/PC's don't have a 9 pin Serial port onboard.
    If you don't have access to an older PC that has one, you will have to purchase a USB To Serial 9 Pin Male Adapter. These are currently on offer in Maplin Electronics for €22 Approx & the part number is ZP43W.

To use the adapter you will have to install the software driver provided on Disc with the adapter.

The Software Drivers can also be downloaded from this link
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/media/ZP43W_Drivers.zip

Make sure to connect the device prior to installing the drivers. This will cause windows to detect it & run the Windows found new hardware wizard. When this happens, cancel the wizard & insert the disc that came with the adapter & run the setup file.

Once you install the device drivers you will need to identify which COMM Port the device was assigned in order to choose the correct COMM Port in the stblink v5.20 software used to interact with the Replay Lite.

To check which port your device is on, do the following.

Click START
    Right Click My Computer
    Choose MANAGE
    Click on DEVICE MANAGER (in the left hand pane)
    In the right hand pane of the resulting window, click on the little plus sign(+) beside the Ports(COM & LPT)entry

You should now see the device listed as "Prolific USB-To-Serial Comm Port ( ) The Comm Por number for your device will be displayed between the 2 brackets next to the entry. ( )

Make sure to choose that COMM Port number in the stblink software so as it will communicate with the Replay Lite Box.

16. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi gman496,

Me just in the door, Great Post.

That was a very funny email you sent.

Thanks.

Tá mé ag dul go dtí mo leaba.
    Óiche mhait mo chára

17. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Ho moggser,

anyway along with that ray gun and force field i got top o the range system to detect intruders parts include a long string tied to a teddy bear with a bell round its neck you know how that works
    also got visious cat lurkin about in the hall way

I seen them teddy intruder detector tingy on flea bay, I will have to get one.
    My three dogs are a bit mad though and the first sight of a little puppy cat they would go mad.

Hope you are well my friend.
    Sláinte

18. adowie

adowie Member

Could anyone tell me the sequence I go through to lock the adult channels so my son can't watch them when I out

19. moggser

moggser Regular member

press menu,channel manager, tv channell ,then pick the station you wanna block press green button then lock it from that menu

Last edited: Sep 27, 2007
  20. moggser

moggser Regular member

wehn i said i had a cat i forgot to mention its a siberien snow lepoard not very good for hidin as he's all white so i cover him in soot from chimney an he's good to go
    im fine thanks pal hope all is good with you ill catch on line an have natter with ya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.