1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gman496

gman496 Regular member

So people buying Replays for Christmas will more then likely receive them with v7.56 BUT IF THEIR ON NTHELL IT WON@T MATTER?

2. buzzymcg

buzzymcg Member

If anyone could throw us a price for 4 replay lites cheers.Just pm me and i'll be in touch cheers

3. Damoirl

Damoirl Member

Hey man,
    Ill have a load of lites in during the first week of December. If you're buying 4 at once I can do em for 560 (140 a piece) Im in D13, let me know if you want me to keep you a few!
    Damo

4. KARLZIPS

KARLZIPS Member

your right replay lite is not the best box out there i,m sorry i have mine the epg or info buttton is rubbish compared to other boxes ive seen i have a eurovox on order and i cant wait to flog this piece of crap to some sucker like me.... they advertise great customer service but that a joke!!!! they wont even answer their phone? if you guys saw other boxes you woul feel the same way as me believe me.....

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I cant understand people they buy a box so as they have the ability to watch the sports and the movies and because the epg does not work they are giving out what is wrong with a weekly newspaper or tv mag it would be worse if the cc turned off the boxes what would you do then be satisfied with what you have the epg in Ireland is really a hit and miss as i have a dbox as well as other boxes and they are all the same so dont be under the illusion that all boxes have a fantastic epg and also remember what are you supposed to be watching the tv or the epg lol

6. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Go to the eurovox page and see how many problems they have.
    All boxes will glitch now and then,because they are basically illegal.
    So missing detailed info is a small price to pay for free tv.

Good luck with your eurovox m8.

7. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Well KARLZIPS,
    It's a matter of both opinion & personal choice really?

If the EPG facility is that important to you? then I'm happy that you're getting a different box.

Personally I can live without it & have got rid of the other makes I had in favour of the Replay Lite.

They're fully functional other than the EPG.

They're cheaper to purchase.

They're so much more user friendly.

They can be cloned in under 4 minutes without the aid of a PC.

They're smaller & neater too.

Overall they're aesthetically more pleasing to the eye (in my opinion)

They're harder to get hold of too! I wonder if that has anything to do with thier popularity?

Obviously they are a very popular choice for many? if going on the amount of activity & assistance there is on this Forum is anything to go by.

Like I said at the outset, "It's a matter of opinion & choice"

You have yours & we have ours.

-

Last edited: Nov 25, 2007
  8. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

hi lads, i got my money back today for the Replay Lite box i bought last sunday.

Fergus id be interested in one of your boxes for Cho**s that works.
    I desperately want to see the Ricky hatton fight on the 8th:)

Can i get pay per view channels?
    or can you get american channels for the fight?

thanks
    Steve

9. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Best of luck with it Steve, you've earned it.

Although, I'd say with all the aggravasion, you learned a bit too ;-)

10. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

someone reversed into my car at the market. so it wasnt all plain sailing when i went up there to get my money back.!! :(

11. DC86

DC86 Member

Hi,

I'm totally new to this stuff. Whats the average selling price for the Replay Light?? I'm thinking about buying one and don't want to be ripped off. Also, any ideas where i can buy one??

12. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

are the starview boxes ugly i.e big feic off boxes.

13. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

Hi Are you saying Eurovox are illegial and the other boxes aren't ?

14. gman496

gman496 Regular member

There's a reliable source on this forum & I'm sure he will be able to help you. The price will be determined by two things (1)The quantity & (2)The individual seller themselves.

Obviously if you are buying more then 1 then the price will be that little bit lower for each.

Bare in mind too that depending on both the sellers & your location, there will more than likely be a shipping/postage charge too.

You would be looking at somewhere between 150 to 200 euro for one unit, but that is totally down to the seller. Anything above that you could consider as being ripped off.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  15. DC86

DC86 Member

Cheers for that info. A friend of a friend was selling them for E250 so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting ripped off first before buying one. Would you know of anywhere in Dublin selling them for less and would you recommend the Replay Lite??

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  16. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Steve,

I think Brian was referring to all boxes.

Technically though, the boxes themselves are not illegal once they have no re authored software on-board. Put the magic software on them & it becomes a whole new ball game, if you get my drift ;-)

17. gman496

gman496 Regular member

For sure I would recommend them, yes.

I bought two from the source I mentioned last week & found him to be reasonable. He's in Dublin too.

I'm sure he will see your post & be in touch.

You can go back (Not far) in this thread & you will see where he is transacting with another user.

18. DC86

DC86 Member

Thanks again for that info. I'll have a look back through the thread!

19. moggser

moggser Regular member

there ya go ferg you hit the nail on the head there peeps always givin out about the epg an why i dunno
    its not like its a holy effort to pick up the paper as you said or while there postin a nonsence post on here just look on line to see whats on ah well what do they really want ha ha these boxs are a little gift from the tv gods don knock them they could all back fire then where we gonna be back talkin to the wife and kids i guess lol

20. KARLZIPS

KARLZIPS Member

ALL YOUR COMMENTS ARE WELL STATED BUT MY POINT IS WHO WANTS TO RUN OUT AND BUY A 3.50 MAGAZINE OR THE PAPER 7 DAYS A WEEK JUST TO GET SOME BUT NOT ALL INFO ABOUT A TV PROGRAMME WHEN OTHER BOXES GIVE A FREE AND IN FULL DESCRIPTION ABOUT EACH PROGRAMME WITHOUT HAVING TO ASK FOR PAPER OR KEEP FLICKING!! AND WHILE WE ARE AT IT EUROVOX NEVER LOST THE CHANNELS WHEN THEY WENT A FEW MONTHS AGO IT JUST AUTOMATICALLY UPDATED ITSELF AND EVEN AUTOMATICALLY FINDS NEW CHANNELS WITHOUT EVER HAVING TO KEEP RESCANNING LIKE ALL OF US DO ON THE REPLAY SHITE WHEREAS ALL OF US HAD TO RING REPLAY LITE WHICH WAS A JOKE AS THEY NEVER ANSWERED THEIR PHONES THEN WE HAD TO SCOUR THE NET THEN WE HAD TO BUY WIRES FROM MAPLINS I THINK THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE DEFENDING REPLAY SO MUCH OBVIOUSLY HAVE A FINANCIAL INTEREST IN THEM OTHERWISE IT WOULD NOT BOTHER YOU SO MUCH... I AM DELIGHTED WITH REPLAY LITE AS IT HAS SAVED ME MONEY BUT THERE ARE MORE SUPERIOER BOXES OUT THERE TO CHOOSE FROM.... IN 4 MONTHS FROM NOW YOU WILL BE SORRY TRUST ME...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.