1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Are you getting 1800:scrambled OR 0000:scrambled

2. apkilla

apkilla Member

im getting 1800 scrambled!

3. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

You will have to update the software on your box to view the channels, it won't work with the software that's on it now.

To do this you will have to buy a null modem lead in maplins, part number L71BT don't buy anything that has not got this part number on it.

The rest of the software can be obtained from the link at the bottom of this post.

Go to the replay section.

In the firmware folder you will find the files used to update or fix your box.

Download the 752IRL file to your desktop

In the software folder you will find,
    download the Stblink5.20, the file used to transfer the firmware from your PC to your box.

In Documentation folder you will find,

Download Flashing the replay lite PDF.This is a guide to show you how to update the box.
    The flashing instructions will tell everything you have to do.
    But the most important part of the process is waiting for the box to update, when your PC reads transfer complete, WAIT another couple of minutes for the box to take the flash.
    You will know this when the red/green is flashing much quicker than it was when you could visibly see when the blocks were transferring.

Don't worry or be nervous about the process, Follow the instruction in the flashing the replay box and you will be fine.

You will then have to do a scan to find all the channels.
    The Fight will be on a channel called PPV Channel.
    When you are doing your scan put the
    start frequency at 290
    and the end frequency at 403,
    Symbol Rate 6887,
    Constellation 64 QAM,
    Search by Network ON.you will save a lot of time with your start/end frequencies at these numbers.

Then use the channel manager to sort the channels to whatever order you want.

4. ReplayL

ReplayL Guest

Morning Lads,

Does anyone know if its possible to get a replay to work on Magnet TV in Dublin??

I have the software / symbol rates for both NTL and chorus but not sure about magnet.

if not, does anyone know of a box that will work on magnet in Dublin, thanx!!

5. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

I would defo say no as they are totally different type of supplier and are just piggybacking off the other providers but i could be wrong but no would be my answer

6. gypetto

gypetto Member

hey yall - very good site with tons of great info for the novice here.
    quick Q. i am in Scotland and trying to update our channel list (replay lite)to view the PPV fight tomorrow night - how do i go about scanning so that the channel will show up - have re scanned already with freq:411
    symbol rate:6952 64qam and network ON
    but cannot find the ppv channel - is it named anything specific or does anyone know where to look...any advice would make us all eternally grateful....

cheers in advance

P

7. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi gypetto.

Different area's in Scotland have different frequencies for the fight.

Sorry to tell you a rescan is the only way you will pick up the Channel that's sending out the signal.

Set your start freq at 290 and end frequency at 691, it will save you some time. It will find any channels available, the one with the fight will be the one called PPV Channel.

Before you do this you could try symbol rate 6952 on your manual search and see what happens.
    If it doesn't find the PPV Channel do the auto search and it will definitely find it.

You will just have to sort them with your channel manager.
    Hope this helps you m8.

8. gman496

gman496 Regular member

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  9. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Thanks Gman496.

Great Card.

10. moggser

moggser Regular member

11. Damoirl

Damoirl Member

Hi, Just wondering if someone can explain to me the difference between 0000 scrambled and 1800 scrambled. One of my boxes has gone 0000 scrambled, any tips on sorting it out? Lovely card Gman.... was it the cat??! lol

12. gman496

gman496 Regular member

If your Replay Lite displays 'scrambled 0000' instead of the normal 'scrambled 1800'

Do the following,

Go to “Menu” > “Parental Lock” & type in 7777 then hit OK

Turn off parental lock
    goto key manager and turn off Auto update in the current key.

13. Dulra

Dulra Member

Hello there,

I live in Cork City and have Ch*rus Digital - should there be any problem using a Replay Lite?

14. ReplayL

ReplayL Guest

Not if you have the correct software, should be fine.......

15. Dulra

Dulra Member

What is the most up to date version of the software. My one came pre-loaded with 750 but I think I saw some reference to more recent versions (751/752)?

16. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

Best to use a starview2 TheBox much easier to install and sort out also make sure you do not have a wire mesh ariel on your roof as they wont work on that you will need a MMDS box which is the new eurovox-TX ok

17. ReplayL

ReplayL Guest

ye 752 is more recent but also you have to use the correct symbol rate when scanning for channels, think its 6875

18. Dulra

Dulra Member

What should be on my roof so if not a wire mesh aerial? Another type of aerial? I downloaded the "Replay_Lite_Version_752_ie" just there from the link above ("http://www.4shared.com/file/18875683/924fc5c3/Replay_Lite_Version_752_ie.html")
    Just load that on?

19. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

If you have an ariel on your roof these boxes will not work you need to be getting cable thru the ground network if you have an ariel on your roof like a v shape you are on a thing called MMDS and you will need a different type of box for that which is a eurovox-TX which has been developed especially for that only

20. Dulra

Dulra Member

Thanks for all the info. I suppose I should know what is on the roof of my own house?! I'll have a look later!

Is there much benefit to 752 as opposed to 750?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.