1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Lite

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by bloomberg, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gman496

gman496 Regular member

2. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Fair Play to ya Gman,

I was looking all over the place for that, an MMDS box.

Repay lite software won't work with that.

I just sent you an email.

Cheers m8ty

3. jigga_man

jigga_man Member

since u have a idea of what i'm talking about , any links or advice i would greatly appreciate. thanks Brian1956 & gman496

4. gman496

gman496 Regular member

I wonder if the software for the newish MMDS boxes would do anything for ya? I don't think it will but someone with one of them might have an idea.

5. ReplayL

ReplayL Guest

Anyone in Ireland interested in a batch of 9 x Eurovox TX boxes ready to go on Chorus MMDS for €1,500 for the lot.

Will deliver personally, living in Dublin.

6. tf56

tf56 Member

Hi All,

I have just got a Replay Lite and it has caused me much strife. It came with firmware v752. Failed to get it to work. I am in Ma***ide with Ch**us. I have followed all of the suggestions on this forum incl:

- Upgrading firmware to 756
    - Changing provider ID to 0x5E ( box defaults back to 0x01)
    - inputing keys as suggested
    - Doing all of the 7777 and exiting bit until I am blue in the face
    - The last thing I did was change firmware to a 752IE version which I found and seemed to be specifically for Ireland.
    - All firmware changes were successfull and I confirmed them from receiver info menu.

The receiver is now sitting there with just a red light on. The little manual is saying it is in standby mode and to press the standby button. I can't find it even with my glasses on. have tried every button on the remote to no avail.

Has anyone got this working with Ch**rus in Ma***ide? Should I give up? Throw it in the bin? What box would work?

Thanks in advance

Tom

7. Steveirl

Steveirl Regular member

Hi tf56,

I had loads of trouble trying to get the Replay Lite box working on Ch&rus in Swords.
    I did everything possible for 1 week and got loads of help on these forums and it just didnt work.
    I brought it back and I am now in the process of ordering a Eurovox which i have been told by several people will work with Ch&*us.

8. reds05

reds05 Member

hi Brian, just been told by a fellow replay liter, that he has heard that from march the replay lites may become redundunt due to knew software from certain cable companies..have you heard anything yourself and if so do you think this info is correct or a load of tosh cooked up by scaremongerers?..as you are my main source of infomation and trustworthy i thought i would ask. thanks

9. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Hi Red05,

Hope you are well m8, Happy New Year to you and yours.

I haven't heard anything yet and I just did the rounds on the other forums I am on.
    Nobody I know has heard that rumour yet.

I think if the cable compamy's had a solution they would implement it as soon as possible and not give us notice that they were going to do it a couple of months down the road.

There are always lots of scare stories going around, but it wouldn't suprise me if the cable companies had something up their greedy sleeve's.

If they charged people a fair rate for their product more people would use it and not resort to other means.

But if they do something, hopefully there will be a solution.

Take care Red05,
    Cheers

10. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Good reply Steve,

Your Eurovox should be ok in C####s

Fair play to you m8.

11. Hotrocks1

Hotrocks1 Member

Both my boxes went down 2 days ago, & i've tryed above but nothing seems to work.

Some good info here but i've tryed it all and still only comes up with 6-7 channels which are very bad quality.

i've bought the corret crossover cable (which i dont know how to use, and dont have the software).

I live in gloucestershire area which is telewest/virgin media.

info on box -

sw version : 7.52
    hw version : 1770-1.0-cs100

i've made sure the writing is at the bottom of parental lock with red circle on right.

can anyone point me in the right direction,

help will be much a appreciated...

Thankyou people

12. cllrc

cllrc Member

Good morning,

Firstly, ignore my ignorance but I am considering purchasing a Replay Lite set top box. I have NTL digital service in Maynooth and is it simply a plug and play installation with one of these boxes or is there a coded installation involved? A few friends of mine were considering buying direct from www.replaylite.com for €140 each for a quantity of 10 but all receivers are sold blank as per the state that they exit the factory and they do not supply or have any knowledge of software for this unit. Is the software/codes easy to obtain and install. Alternatively, where is the best source for these boxes in Ireland? Thanks in anticipitation.

13. buzzymcg

buzzymcg Member

Been having a few problems with my replay lite lately. At the moment the screen is black and just reading 1800:scrambled. I have 752 installed and auto update is off.The epg data is still on screen and correct. This has happened to about 6 other people I know. Is it just a case of rescanning the channels.

14. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Just unplug the box and leave it off for a couple of minutes.
    When you plug it back in again, go to one of the movie channels and wait to see if unscrambles.

752 is the latest software, so your box itself should be OK and you are getting epg so your signal is OK.

Sometimes the boxes need to be unplugged for it to re-set itself.

What part of the country are you in, roughly?

15. buzzymcg

buzzymcg Member

Yeah its sorted now I"m in dublin but it's been happening quite a lot over the last 3 days.Cheers

16. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Just sent you a PM

17. BRIAN1956

BRIAN1956 Regular member

Your software is the latest available,so it seems like a signal problem going to the box because when you scan you should get 140 channels or more.

If you are using a splitter, try putting the signal feed directly into one of your boxes without using the splitter and do a rescan on the above settings.
    Unplug the box for a minute or so before doing a rescan as this you should get better results.
    If you know someone in your area with a replay lite thats working you could always try it in your house to see if it will work there, if not then it's definately the signal. Or you could go to a friends house and do your scan there and then try the box at home.

18. tizler

tizler Regular member

I think I posted in this thread before, so apologies if repeated and have just posted this in another thread - but worth repeating here, hope thats ok mods.

I have had issues with a couple of stations, not showing, with a split cable connection, have been messing around, cos really bugged me and now have solved it.

The normal splitter available, to split the N*L cable - the silver one, with one IN point and two OUT points, does actually weaken the signal, especially if one of the splits is a longer cable.

So i changed the IN connection from the orig N*L cable to normal coaxial fitting (like you normally get in a tv aerial connection ) and this I plugged into an aerial booster/splitter, therefore boosting the actual initial signal. Then you just use normal aerial connections adn come OUT of the booster to one replay lite and again - 2nd split from booster to another replay and more, depending on how many splits allowed on your splitter/booster.

This has solved the problem

If you are not sure on what I mean, post and I will try to do pics

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  19. Damoirl

Damoirl Member

Yeah one of mines been acting up the last couple of days. Unplugging it for a few mins seems to do the trick tho alright.

Auto update doesn't need to be on to get the new codes then?

20. Hotrocks1

Hotrocks1 Member

Thankyou brian1956 your a star , keep up the good work

brian1956 for prime minister? well you got my vote..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.