1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

replaytv vs tivo series 2 (not DirecTivo)

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by VJbob, Nov 19, 2004.

1. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

Okay since both services are about $12/month I was thinking about switching over to ReplayTV since it sounds like the wave of the future since you can take put them on a network and share them with your computer and not just with other TiVos. A lot of Tech TV shows that I've seen also seem to favor ReplayTV although Tivo still gets most of the press and spotlight in pop culture. Honestly, I love TiVo's menus and its season pass, wishlists, and all of the features are so convenient. If ReplayTV is anywhere near as user-friendly and convenient as Tivo I'm definitely changing over. Anybody with any experience give me their opinions. Greatly appreciated.

2. chaosdude

chaosdude Member

I totally prefer Replay over Tivo.

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I have the original, first generation replaytv, circa 1998, and it still runs great. Easily upgraded to larger hard drive, and can copy mpeg-2 files onto my computer. Best of all, I don't have to pay any monthly fees at all. Replay is MUCH better

4. d-rock

d-rock Guest

I must agree that ReplayTV is the way to go. The only thing Tivo has over it is the ability to watch one program while recording another. It's easy to just turn off the ReplayTV if you're recording something and tune another show with your TV's tuner.

5. chaosdude

chaosdude Member

Yeah I guess that could be a slight draw back, but you can watch something that is already recorded while recording.

6. d-rock

d-rock Guest

You're right about that. I only wish that you could channel-surf more quickly. I'm the "let's see what else is on type"!