1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request for all regular users of our forums

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hey creaky which is it :

[bold]the blind leading the blind[/bold]

OR

[bold] the dumb just getting down right stupid [/bold]

i still had a laugh , thankyou

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

lmao; i'm not trying to belittle the original poster (bless him), it's just that what made me laugh was the 590 other ppl who keep chipping in, not realising the guy was a genuine pc noob. All they're doing is confusing the poor chap.
    Everyone in the office thinks i've lost the plot as i keep laughing uncontrollably while reading it and trying to eat at the same time :)

3. gurnard

gurnard Regular member

hi every one saw the thread was still going strong so thought i'd pop in. @creaky just read the thread you pointed out. don't no how you guys answer some of these threads with decorum i'm sure. anyway i only popped in to brag really. two things. this is where i learnt to get my pic when i was a newbie, now i'm a junior. keep up the good work. geoff

4. crozzman

crozzman Regular member

10:30 in the states and I have no one to laugh with...this thread is great. Kudos to Creaky for the best link.
    I must admit that there have been several times that I've wanted to go "off" on someone for asking what I thought was either a stupid question or to tell them they should just use the search tool. But patience has become the better part of valor for me and I've kept my mouth shut. Hence the reason I haven't been posting much. There has been entirely too much bickering on this site for the past two months. Best to sit back and enjoy the spamming going on....
    Cheers to all...*whispers* I still get on here at least 10x a day though.

5. creaky

yeah, i was guily of a bit of bickering re anydvd. In hindsight i felt i'd been confrontational about the way i was explaining to ppl to not buy anydvd as decrypter could handle the protections. Nowadays i word it differently, ie i still recommend dvd shrink, then decrypter next, but not knocking the purchase of anydvd in the way i was. I toned it down and just say there's no need at present to buy anydvd yet.

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Not long after I was made a Moderator I found out I shouldn't/couldn't call people stupid as often as I used to :)

7. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

still haven't learned :) ... but trying :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2005
  8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

2nd that!!!

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i'm sure if you give it a few more years you'll get the hang of it....

10. themonkey

themonkey Member

On a forum I belonged to (NOT AfterDawn) I asked a question about DVD-RAM. I had previously used the search function and whilst 4 threads were loosely related, none gave the information I wanted. I therefore posted a question.
    One answer I received was, quote

“You’re too lazy and/or illiterate to make a search. It really irks me to see the same questions over and over again”

This was from a ‘senior’ poster.
    I started to answer in the same vein, but after a while thought, what’s the point, I’ll only end up as thick as the person who gave the quote. I simply stopped using the forum.

11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

12. themonkey

themonkey Member

Yes andmerr - I've had a lot of questions answered through this forum and am grateful. I think possibly the person in question was trying to show he was a 'senior' poster, but a simple "have you searched the forum?" would have been a more appropriate response.
    I can honestly say I've never had a rude answer from the folks at AfterDawn.

13. creaky

i have!, and had to muster a lot of willpower to not reply in a bad way and yet still tell the poster what i thought about hist attitude; the [bold]original poster[/bold] effectively heckled the helpers thru the thread, myself included. What's the world coming to when the original poster is the one giving ppl a hard time.
    Some ppl can't be helped or always know better :)

14. andmerr

andmerr Guest

nephs got a hit list, we can put you at the top of the list if you feel left out

15. creaky

nooo, wouldn't want to see that wavey bye-bye hand miss the person catch me on the ear or something

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

To justify your actions look at it this way:

You have to see your self as an educator, if your not going to call them stupid who else is.At least let them know that its coming from high above.Some people get right down nasty when there neighbours call them stupid but your pretty safe being nearER to god than me (drD)...............

17. themonkey

themonkey Member

Quote:

[bold]nephs got a hit list, we can put you at the top of the list if you feel left out[/bold]

Think I'll give that a miss thank you!

18. andmerr

andmerr Guest

you sure, its not a prob.........(LOL)

19. creaky

lmao, watch out for that mouse in the sig lol

20. themonkey

themonkey Member

Leave me at the bottom of the list please. I won't feel offended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.