1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request for all regular users of our forums

Discussion in 'Forum announcements' started by dRD, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

as usual dela you seem to be the sane one among all us lunatics.

on a lighter note though rotary helped me learn something new when dealing with rude newbies, you mods have the ban button, but us bottom feeders have the unsubscribe button which is more or less the same thing depending on how you view things.

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Excellent post, Dela. Thats exactly what I was trying to get across. When you think about the extreme number of members this forum has it's a wonder it can even function properly. That fact that we have great admins and mods is what makes it all work. We sure don't need extra problems from improper answers to any of the newbies or to any member. If someone can't answer a question properly without jumping on that member, they should not answer at all. Yes, we will always see the improper questions also, but they can be answered properly too without starting world war III on here. Its all about having the right frame of mind. Well said as always Dela.

Jerry

3. YOBUZZB

YOBUZZB Regular member

As you can see, I'm terribly late in my response to the post. Let's remember to keep our negative thoughts away from our fingertips! The positive and helpful responses are what has made me tell all who will listen about A D!

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

@andmerr, yep, if a newbie is giving u trouble unsubsc ribve to thread and move on to someone else who will appreciate your work and deserves a response. Ogh and of course, if the newbie was an bumhole, then report the offensive post ;-)

@Jerry746, yep, the amount of members here is unreal so it's no surprise that we get the odd bad one here and there - but there;s nothing worse than seeing lots of the forums best users getting worked up over a few arrogant people, when really they shud just ignore it.

@YOBUZZB, aye, negative posts give a negative feeling, whereas positive give a positive feeling and thats when a forum of so many people can prosper :)

5. andy2000

andy2000 Guest

When I first posted on the aD forums I felt a little noObish because it took me so long to find this great site. There are truly some great people around here that are willing to help out and lend a hand when your in need but then again the world is progressivly becoming more of a hostile place. 10 years ago you could walk down the streets without having profanities yelled at you from some little 12 year old but people just dont care about other people thesedays. Its great this is finally being noticed, good job!!

6. Dela

Such a true quote and definitely true for the Internet. There are some people with some real stupid problems on the Internet, they feel powerful I think by shit-talking. Well, we dont tolerate shit-talking here so sit back and relax! :)

7. andy2000

andy2000 Guest

More true words have never been said. People feel so big and strong when they insult someone on the internet. *NEWSFLASH* It wont earn you respect, you will just become the outsider that no-one cares about. These forums are meant for people who want to give a positive opinion or help out a friend, the people who come on the boards just to mock and insult are the true noObs.

8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

dela you beat me! ;-])

excellant andy2000, and i hear you brother i hear ya!

thats the sort of thing that makes a good sticky!

9. andy2000

andy2000 Guest

Hello Rotary

There Dela, is a great member. Thanks for you help with my DVD's Rotary. You know what would be a great addition to the site, a commendation button so we could thank the people who helped us.

10. Dela

@andy2000, the force is strong in you my friend ;-) when you realise the situation with idiots on the net, it does tend not to bother you anymore!! just never take anything that someone says to u on the net seriously. its easy to say something when no1 can see you :)

11. andy2000

andy2000 Guest

Very true,

Sticks and stones can break my bones,
    But words will never hurt me.

12. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

@ andy2000 no prbs chap... i like doing it...

someone helped me once, when i was at my wits end, i used to build / overclock my pcs and once got a dead motherboard = dead pc, so i put a thread on and asked for help on a certain site, this guy flew in out of nowhere and said simply "hold insert key down while pressing the powerup button, it will reset all defaults and hopefully boot..."

yup it did, boy did that save me some hassles...

i went back to thank the guy and lost his user due to site problems, so i set out to track this guy down and found him, and thanked him.

well just like the film PAY IT FORWARD i do, trouble is i got to like it ;-])

peace...

13. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ rotary: man thanks again for that ban button, Man i feel good now.

later

andmerr

14. hap99

hap99 Guest

dRD, thank you for posting this. I clicked on a forum link from my email recently and became very discouraged. I am not new to this, but consider myself a rookie. I am still using the same 2 original, unupdated programs, (dvd shrink 3.1 and 123 copy dvd), with very few problems.
    After reading the forums last week, I decided that I won't ask any questions due to the majority of the responses. There were a few usual users that tried to give advice to the qhestions that I read about, but the majority were busy making fun and being mean to the person with the question. In defense of these people, I can say that the person who asked the original question was a bit "foul mouthed" in the question he/she had.
    I would like to thank you again for having these forums, and having these programs available for download. I will continue to come into the forums, and hopefully gain the knowledge I need so that I can help others in this group.
    Thanks

15. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Quote;

"In defense of these people, I can say that the person who asked the original question was a bit "foul mouthed" in the question he/she had."

If I see a thread & the question is put rudely, why should I answer it? This is the whole problem, people come along, use all the gangster talk - complete with bad attitude, then expect to be helped.

We are all here in our own time & because we want to help people. Regularly someone will ask a question, we ask for information, that information is not forthcoming. So how & why do we help? Because we want to. If I have to ask a question more than 2 or 3 times I generally give up. If the person can't be bothered to give me the info then I cannot be bothered to help.
    I have lost count of the times that people will argue the toss with the guys here, adamant that they know that media/software conflicts/hardware is not the problem. We cannot help people like this! I remember 1 who loved memorex & whatever you said they would simply not listen! AARRGGGHH!!

Pulsar

Last edited: Jul 13, 2005
  16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ hap99:

you've opened a can of worms my friend maybe you'd like to point us to the thread in question.

@ pulsar:

that was a bit more direct than usual pulsar, we all know what you are up against.More often than not most people will be reasonable but then there is that % that isnt and thats why we have neph and flip

17. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I thought that I was being diplomatic!! Crikey, I have a way to go then!! LOL!!

I'm a Yorkshireman, we tell it as it is!! No point in going round the houses!

Pulsar

18. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i thought it was beating the bushes. different countries different sayings for same thing

19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

yeah, it's "beating around the bush".

edit- this bit didn't sound right before - i'm very 'tell it as it is' but not via email or posts, only face to face

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005
  20. andmerr

andmerr Guest

diplomacy is what its all about and i guess we could all temper how we say thing s to each other then again what the hell..........

forget i said anything...........................lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.