1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

requesting abit of help and advice

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by rudi196, Aug 25, 2007.

1. rudi196

rudi196 Member

well recently i had acquired a digivox. I had no problem installing the firmware, thanks to the tutorials that were provided. well anyway, when i had started to search for the channels, none could be found. I think that the problem with this is that my cable connectuion is dead or something, since the last time i used the service from the provider was around the year 2000/2001. I was wandering if i shud suscribe to v-media then disconnect. plz giv me som thoughts and opinions. thanks for your advice in advanced.

2. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

You need the basic package in order to receive all the other channels with these boxes

3. rudi196

rudi196 Member

ok thanks m8

4. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

No problem , as I said you need the basic subscription package to get the xtra channels and most providers have a 12 month contract

5. rudi196

rudi196 Member

i c but im still abit unsure and confused since one of my m8s had brought a digivox too, and the thing is that he does not have a subscription either, but had a broadband connection with tw in the past 2 years which he no longer has, and he has used that as a cable feed for the digivox; and it all works for him.

6. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I'm sorry , thanks all the info I know as I am in Dublin/Ireland I dont know about VM and the broadband connections

7. rudi196

rudi196 Member

ah well i'll figure it out. neway thnxs for ur help

8. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

No problem

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

After receiving some advice here it would be nice if you post how you figured it out.

Once you have a broadband connection you can split the signal to your box, I presume thats what you done.

10. rudi196

rudi196 Member

yup exactly what i did, i dont think it matters if the actual cable connection was used for broadband or tv since i think u use the same for both. neway i finally got it to work. i think it was the codes for me. for some reason the codes which i had found on the forum didnt pick up the channels im pretty sure it was something like that since i tried the default codes on the digivox and it picked up the channels abit strange, but glad it works. agen thnxs for the help