1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Requesting Assistance If Possible

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Leningrad, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Leningrad

Leningrad Regular member

I have a wi-fi network 802.11g powered by a TRENDnet TEW-432BRP router.
    I have 2 PC's that are networked together one PC is connected to the router via a RJ-45 UTP cable. The other is by a Wireless NIC (TRENDnet TEW-424UB). Problem is while i can have internet on all computers i cant share files between the hosts. I established a workgroup on one of the PCS the other those not acknowledge the others. They dont even acknowledge each other, I tryed to ping each other but thet=y are all timed out. They dont seem to exchange packets with each other. Any advice that will help me to to overcome this particular problem, will be
    appreciated.

2. Phil0391

Phil0391 Guest

I had a problem like yours before, unfouturnately i forgot what I did to resolve it. -_- Theres a program called Grouper that I used to use to transfer my files between computers. Im not sure if the program is still up, but you can check.

3. phill2000

phill2000 Guest

You need to ensure that all PC's are on the same workgroup, and ensure they can be pinged / seen on the network.

Once this has been done you then need to enable "windows file & print sharing" (click here for info on how to do this).

You should be able to view workgroup PC's in explorer and share files from this point.

4. Leningrad

Leningrad Regular member

The PC connected by the R-45 cable runs vista. Someone told me each PC
    needs the same user name and password is that true??

5. Phil0391

Phil0391 Guest

No this is not true. I wish I could be of more help, but I don't have alot of experience in the Networking field. @_@ Lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2008