1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Requesting Industry Expert Answers (HD-DVD)

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by Kaphis, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaphis

Kaphis Member

Hi,

I am a 3rd Year Electrical Engineering Student at UBC. I am writing a formal report on Blu-Ray Disc and HD-DVD. We are required to have an interview with an expert in the industry. If you work in the industry or consider yourself an expert in the area, please answer the following questions for me. Thank you very much.

Please also PM me your information and a little background as to why you consider yourself an expert. I will include that information in my report and have you as reference so please pm me your full name and an email address for contact.

If you do not wish to give me your contact, feel free to answer the following questions too if you consider yourself an expert on the topic.

1) What is the motivation motivation HD-DVD/Blu-Ray development?
    2) Why a blue laser and not a shorter wavelength laser?
    3) What are some design challenges during the HD-DVD/Blu-Ray design process?
    4) Why does blu-ray use a thinner disc compared to other DVDs and HD-DVD? What is the advantage and disadvantage of a thinner disc?
    5) What the technical differences between HD-DVD and Blu-Ray Disc?

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

multipost closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.