1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Requests for guides ? READ here DVD5 / DVD9 / SPLITTING

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sublime77, Dec 28, 2002.

1. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Requests for guides ? READ here DVD5 / DVD9 / SPLITTING

SIMPLE GUIDE DVD-5 TO DVD+R

Used: DVD Dycrypter 3.4.1.0
    Nero 5

Insert the movie you want to copy into your dvd rom tray and load DVD Dycrypter Choose "Mode/ISO/READ R". This will let you know if the DVD is a 1 layer or 2 layer disc(DVD5 or DVD9). If it is a 1 layer it will fit to one DVD+R. Now choose "Mode/File F". Decrypter will highlight the movie for you. Highlight all files since it will fit to one disc. All the files together should be under 4.36 GB. Check the file size, destination and folder name that you want it to create to hold the files. Click the large DVD>Hard drive button. In about 45 minutes the movie will be on your hard drive. Insert your blank media and load your Nero software. Click create a DVD/Other Formats/DVD-Video. Find your ripped DVD files on the right and drop all the files in Nero's VIDEO_TS folder on the left. Check your settings and click burn. I used a +RW disc to make sure that my movies worked before burning to a +R disc. If you have any questions or corrections, let's hear it. I just wanted to make a simple, easy to understand guide becuase all the other guides didn't really give me the exact details I needed to burn the disc correctly with my programs.

SIMPLE GUIDE - MOST DVD-9 MOVIES TO ONE DVD+R

Nero 5
    IFOEDIT 0.95

Insert the movie you want to copy into your dvd rom tray and load DVD Dycrypter Choose "Mode/ISO/READ R". This will let you know if the DVD is a 1 layer or 2 layer disc(DVD5 or DVD9). If it is a 1 layer it will fit to one DVD+R and read my DVD5 guide for details. Now choose "Mode/File F". We will be ripping and burning just the movie. Decrypter will highlight the movie for you. You also need to rip the "bup" file for the chapter that movie is in and the main "VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP". You need to have all these files to burn a working disc. Example:

VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

Rip these files to your hard drive and when it is completed load your IFOEDIT095 program. Also make a new folder for your soon to be edited files. Call it something different than the exact name of the movie so that you can differentiate between the two folders. We want to take out all the audio streams that we don't need to make our files smaller so that it will fit to one disc. Click "open" and find your IFO file for the chapter (VTS_01_0.IFO). Now click "VOB Extras" and "Strip Streams". The default settings should work but also check off "Create New IFO Files". Make sure your destination folder is the one that you just created. Now click "OK". Now a new screen pops up and you need to check off the items that you want. I normally only check off the English 6 CH. because that is all I need. Now click "strip it". This may take about 45 minutes just like the original rip. When it is finished a box will say VOBpointers corrected. Click ok and close IFOEDIT. Reload the program and "open" your new chapter IFO file from your new folder. Now click the button "get VTS sectors". After this is done, you are ready to burn. Make sure that your new folder is less than 4.36 GB in size. If it is larger then you'll have to use a different guide to make 2 DVDs or compress the files. Now assuming that all has gone well, you can load your Nero software and insert your blank media. Click create a DVD/Other Formats/DVD-Video. Find your ripped/edited DVD files on the right and drop all the files in Nero's VIDEO_TS folder on the left. Check your settings and click burn. I used a +RW disc to make sure that my movies worked before burning to a +R disc. There it is, my simple guide. Comments or corrections?

SIMPLE GUIDE DVD-9 TO 2 DVD+R ( SPLITTING-MOVIE ONLY )

Nero 5
    IFOEDIT 0.95

1. Rip movie to hard drive.
    2. Strip streams to new folder.
    3. Split DVD.
    4. Create new IFO files.
    5. Get VTS Sectors.
    6. Burn.

Insert the movie you want to copy into your dvd rom tray and load DVD Dycrypter Choose "Mode/ISO/READ R". This will let you know if the DVD is a 1 layer or 2 layer disc(DVD5 or DVD9). If it is a 1 layer it will fit to one DVD+R. Now choose "Mode/File F". Decrypter will highlight the movie for you. You also need to rip the "bup" file for the chapter that movie is in and the main "VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP". You need to have all these files to burn a working disc. Example:

VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

Click the large DVD>Hard drive button and notice the file name and location. Rip these files to your hard drive and when it is completed load your IFOEDIT095 program. Also make a new folder for your soon to be edited files. Call it something different than the exact name of the movie so that you can differentiate between the two folders, such as "PHANTOM2'. We want to take out all the audio streams that we don't need. Click "open" and find your IFO file for the chapter (VTS_01_0.IFO). Now click "VOB Extras" and "Strip Streams". The default settings should work but also check off "Create New IFO Files". Make sure your destination folder is the one that you just created. Now click "OK". Now a new screen pops up and you need to check off the items that you want. I normally only check off the English 6 CH. because that is all I need. Now click "strip it". This may take about 45 minutes just like the original rip. When it is finished a box will say VOBpointers corrected. Click ok and close IFOEDIT. Reload the program and "open" your new chapter IFO file from your new folder. Now we can split the files. Click "VOB Extras" and "Split to 2 DVD-Rs". Also check off "Create new ifo files" and "Create Subfolders: Disc1 and Disc 2". You may have to create a new folder or just use the second folder you created. Click "OK" and then choose a chapter to split at. Click “Strip it”. When it is done close IfoEdit and reload the program with the new IFO file from disc 1. I usually have to create new IFO files now because IfoEdit usually has problems doing several tasks at once from my experience. You may be able to write over the old IFO files or you might have to delete all the files except the chapter IFO file and all the VOB files. Then just “recreate IFO files” from VOB Extras. Close IfoEdit, reload IfoEdit and do the same to the files in Disc 2. Reload the program and "open" your new chapter IFO file from your Disc 1 folder. Now click the button "get VTS sectors". Do the same with the Disc 2 IFO file and youj’re ready to burn. Close IfoEdit and load Nero. Click create a DVD/Other Formats/DVD-Video. Find your ripped DVD files on the right and drop all the Disc 1 files in Nero's VIDEO_TS folder on the left. Check your settings and click burn. Do the same with Disc 2 after a successful burn on Disc 1. I used a +RW disc to make sure that my movies worked before burning to a +R disc. If you have any questions or corrections, let's hear it.

--I've had some requests for these guides, so here they are. Hope this helps out everyone.

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

sublime77_,

Thanks for the effort. I'll read it step by step and give you some feedback over the next few days.

Well done.

HomerJ

3. sublime77

sublime77 Member

4. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

I created a newbie dvd-9 to dvd-5 with full screen shots and steps located here:

http://www.geocities.com/daseamonkey420

as always, free!!!
    my xbox guide is very close to finish.

-comments and suggestions welcomed like always :)

peace
    seamonkey420

Last edited: Dec 29, 2002
  5. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

This forum just keeps getting better and better.

HomerJ

6. daveee

daveee Member

I noticed you guys are talking about NTFS as the best File System- I currently run FAT32 under WinXP: whats the best way to convert to NTFS? Reformat the HDD or convert the file sys from XP? Will IFO Edit run under win XP as this is the only prog i know will cut unwanted DVD stuff out??

Thanks ;)

7. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

you can convert your drives using a command line, open up the command prompt and type this:
    ____
    To convert a volume to NTFS from the command prompt
    Open Command Prompt.
    In the command prompt window, type
    convert drive_letter: /fs:ntfs

For example, typing
    convert D: /fs:ntfs
    would format drive D: with the ntfs format.

Notes

To open command prompt, click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.
    You can convert FAT or FAT32 volumes to NTFS with this command.