1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil Apocalypse Audio Out Of Sync

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by infringer, Jan 9, 2005.

1. infringer

infringer Member

Ripping was ez as cake had it ripped for a long time...

But upon numerous encodes I keep finding that the audio is not in sync with the video though the VOB files play perfectly in sync...

Programs used DVD Decryptor latest version yes it supports ripping Resident Evil Apocalypse... When I rip into IFO mode I have no problems and the VOB's play in perfect sync off of the hard drive but the problem is for some reason upon encode there seems to be some setting I am missing because my audio is out of sync from the get.

The only thing I can figure is it is the dummy sectors which are inserted into the the RIP upon ripping which is causing an issue if so you would think that this could be repaird by rebuilding the IFO in IFO edit then I proceed to do this and I check the newly built VOB files and the audio becomes out of sync in the opposite direction.

Anyone had any luck ripping and encoding resident evil apocalypse to achive perfect audio sync in an xvid encode please let me know what you did...

VOB BLANKER is not needed in this case as well as the ripping is fully supported by DVD Decryptor so that is not the issue I have pretty much ironed out all the possiblities on my own short of reinserting the audio manually and chopping off some of the first minute and 15 seconds or better of the movie or adding a delay in the start of the audio I dunno what to do but I have spent countless hours searching repetative posts at differnt forums looking for the answer it appears that I am much a lone ranger in backing up my DVD's to Xvid rather then just doing it the newbie way burn DVD for DVD any help on this would greatly be appreciated.

-infringer-

2. Jefros

Jefros Member

Wish someone could find an easier way. I used FairUse to make the Xvid file...then Virtual dub to seperate the audio and video. Then cut the extra black screen video at the begining of the movie with Virtual Dub. Opened the wav file in CoolEdit Pro and trimed the audio at the begining till I got it insync. Not the easiest way Im sure, but it was all I could figure out for the time being.

3. buraku

buraku Member

if you are just having trouble with the xvid not being in sync and the audio is not stretched then you can choose the interleave option on the audio stream in vdubmod and set the audio forward or backward how ever many miliseconds you need and set both to direct stream copy. if the audio is stretched then you'll have to go through a lot more steps. try the first option first. if this doesn't work i'll give you a link for stretched audio.

4. Kingd

Kingd Guest

infringer: How are you ripping and encoding the movie? My understanding is that the dummy sectors that are inserted aren't in the actual movie. They are on vobs that are skipped during playback. If you know which vobs the movie is on, you should be able to rip just those vobs. Anyhow i haven't really researched it yet so it's just conjecture. I believe i must try it and see how it goes.

5. infringer

infringer Member

The problem is the AC3 audio due to the sector protection produces CRC errors at E7 for some strange reason I believe cause no matter how I try to sync it up with the audio it loses sync...

http://forum.doom9.org/attachment.php?s=84159c9c02a24fd13dd5d9fd7c516251&postid=594873

here is the log that I posted anyone willing to help it would be greatly appreciated the CD is flawless...

I reripped the dvd and encoded it over 4 times now the VOB's are fine they stay in sync but the audio no matter what I do ends up out of sync I've chopped and merged for over 12 hours though I get the first few seconds of the movie down pat then later in the movie the audio goes to hell...

I really hope that lenox and DSPguru over at the forums take my posting seriously. Doom9 is a great forum with a bunch of smart dudes quite a bit above what I know...

Any help is appreciated.

-infringer-

6. infringer

infringer Member

Figured out how to gedderdone!

-Rip in IFO form with DVD Decryptor
    -Open DGINDEX Manually
    -Set the start point where you first see video which in this case would be the Screen Gems logo.
    -Set the endpoint at the end
    -Under the audio menu select dolby digital decode and check surround downmix and select dynamic range control and set it to heavy.
    -Next Select from audio menu Output method decode to wave. (This will generate the proper video and audio for the movie)
    -Now you have your 1GB wave file open up besweetGUI run the wave through there with your desired settings weather CBR VBR and Bit Rate you wish to use and then it will take a few minutes to encode...
    -Now that you have your source audio and your source video D2V Open use regular Gordian Knot and calculate and set all your settings accordingly if you need help doing this just follow the GK guides that the GK website provides for you.

There you have it the way to trouble shoot sector protected encoding.

Lenox should implement a button or check box so that if its a sector protected disc that it will Output the avi to a wav and then transcode the wave that would fix the issues or at least allow folks the option to run there own indexing and accept d2v files and an audio source from the hard disk this would take a bit of the hassel out of the sector protected discs.

Enjoy

-infringer-

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  7. infringer

infringer Member

By the way the quantasizer I set at 3.0 turns out my file was far smaller in size then expected I'd suggest putting that to 2.5-2.7 maybe even lower if your audio file is less then 192kb CBR... Just monkey with the settings untill you get a good one the GK guide will show you how to do this properly. My final output was 1GB in size it could've been larger as I was trying for a 2CD rip as the quality is important to me in this video.

-infringer-