1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident Evil First movie problem with Back up???

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Appa, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Appa

Appa Regular member

I purchased 2 originals of this movie as the teens in the family are having a Halloween party here at home and I wanted to have them use back ups instead of sticky fingers on the originals.

The dvds were special ordered from 2 separate stores that are 30 miles apart and were from 2 different distributors.

After I had issues with the back ups I googled and found info on the Second movie "Resident Evil Apocalypse" 2004 vintage.
    There was no mention of issues with this First Movie in the series which I am trying to back up.

The issues are with several programs.

1. DVD Shrink and Any DVD simply sees the encoding stop at 75%.

2, Any DVD Ripper has an error and does not even Rip a File onto the hard drive.

3 I tried on the other notebook the DVDFabDecrypter (as Any DVD is not present on this notebook, but again an Error. And the descritpion of the Error is vague,

I thought that since this movie came out in 2002 that Any DVD Ripper would be a cake walk and that I would have the backups in no time.

Not the case!

I believe this movie came out in game form as Playstaion as I have been told by the 2 stores. Thus the teens would like to watch it at the party.

There are no scratches on the discs and they are clean right out of their cases and I should add that I have also tried on 2 notebooks, one with my external Benq 1621 and the other is a Sony burner and I can't remember the model number. Both are 16X and no more than a year and a half old. All of the Firmware is uptodate. That is the first thing that I checked.

I am really disappointed in Any DVD Ripper and would like to get this done as soon as possible without a lot of use of several programs as was the case with the Second Movie Apocalypse.

I simply thought that Any DVD Ripper would have all of these wrinkles sorted out.

I really would appreciate your comments. I am using the latest versions of Clone DVD and Any DVD. With Clone DVD, I tried using either the DVD files or the other option which I can't remember the name of as it is getting into the wee hours here and I was sure that I could figure it out,

The dvd's are clean right out of the box.

I would really appreciate your experienced input into my problem.
    Thankyou for your time.

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

Appa,
    I think this might help you...http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/216165.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2007
  3. djkrishna

djkrishna Regular member

hey appa

even though its brand new sometimes we face the coaster press

i mean bad press in the production line

try to exchange it where u bought or trade in with blockbuster if they have that deal still

4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

this movie is old now....... it should have done fine with DVDDecrypter, DVDFab HD Decrypter, AnyDVD ripping tool! If you'r still having problems ripping I would suggest to get a new copy of your DVD..... as stated in above reply .... sometimes you get a bad press and the movie is hard to rip!

Or you're using pirated versions of AnyDVD and it's coming up with errors! Latest version of AnyDVD is 6.1.8.4! this should handle everything..... but I already heard that Hostel 2 might have newer encryptions so look for an update to AnyDVD in a day or two!

5. Appa

Appa Regular member

I did a nero disc scan and found some damaged sectors and am returning the dvds to the store for replacement.
    I hope that this resolves the issue.

6. Appa

Appa Regular member

I got replacement dvd's, did a nero scan and same small percent of bad sectors and the beginning of the movie again says that it is made for non-North American audience.
    This is the first time that I have seen that at the beginning of the movie, but I don't backup movies that much. (and the additional language of Portugese)
    My collection is music dvd's basically and the odd movies for the family that I do backups for.

The second movie in this series Resident Evil Apocalypse (2004) had issues back then that created a great long method of doing a backup; I found this googling when I encountered a problem here but there was no mention of this movie which was out in 2002.
    Besides I was sure that Any DVD Ripper or DVD Fab HD Decrypter would do the job as I have the current updated versions.
    Just thought that I would post this.